STOP!!!!!!

Options
I posted this on my profile, and needed to expand my audience due to the reponse: "I am SICK of reading posts in the forums about "diets". From 'slow-carbs' to 'cottage cheese diets' to this, to that. Can we have a site dedicated to sane principles? Ones that avoid magic pill solutions to our issues of fitness? Clean eating, burning more than we take in through smart, intense (on a personal scale) exercise. That's it. That's all. There's no shortcut. No way around it. Do this or be out of shape. No excuses. No BS."

It's not fancy. It's clean and simple. Eat good foods, if you decide to not eat good foods, do it in moderation (I enjoy foie gras, pizza, and pasta still to this day...it's just not often, and not in copious amounts). Work out hard - by that I mean push yourself. And balance your input with your output. That's it. Nothing else to it. You don't need a book. You may need a kick in the *kitten* to get going...nothing wrong with that, we all do now and then. But please, put the Zone and Atkins and Bacon Diets, etc, etc. books publishers out of business by realizing there's no quick fix!!!

Replies

• TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I posted this on my profile, and needed to expand my audience due to the reponse: "I am SICK of reading posts in the forums about "diets". From 'slow-carbs' to 'cottage cheese diets' to this, to that. Can we have a site dedicated to sane principles? Ones that avoid magic pill solutions to our issues of fitness? Clean eating, burning more than we take in through smart, intense (on a personal scale) exercise. That's it. That's all. There's no shortcut. No way around it. Do this or be out of shape. No excuses. No BS."

It's not fancy. It's clean and simple. Eat good foods, if you decide to not eat good foods, do it in moderation (I enjoy foie gras, pizza, and pasta still to this day...it's just not often, and not in copious amounts). Work out hard - by that I mean push yourself. And balance your input with your output. That's it. Nothing else to it. You don't need a book. You may need a kick in the *kitten* to get going...nothing wrong with that, we all do now and then. But please, put the Zone and Atkins and Bacon Diets, etc, etc. books publishers out of business by realizing there's no quick fix!!!

AMEN. :flowerforyou:
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hey- I said I agreed on your profile page- But whoa wait- I can't do the bacon diet?? I love bacon! ;)
  • dianam1973
    Options
    Love It!!
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I second your request! Here's a bump...

(However, if you try to forcefeed me ice cream, I may have to go crazy! ;) )
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    LIKE button!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Nicely said.
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Thanks for this. You said what I have been dying to say, I just don't have the guts to say it. :)
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    And here I was expecting to get bombarded with "you're so mean" comments! Oh, and I eat my bacon - couldn't live without it on Saturday mornings - but it's usually followed by 3-6 hour bike ride with a 3500+ calorie burn!!! Thanks for the comments...you guys are what keep me on this site. Let's keep trying to put the diet book publishers out of business and change the minds of the folks on here that are destined to be fit with the right guidance!!!
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Amen to that. This is not a diet site, this is a healthier way of life site. If you want to diet, please find another place to post.
  • Samana06
    Samana06 Posts: 107
    Options
    Hey- I said I agreed on your profile page- But whoa wait- I can't do the bacon diet?? I love bacon! ;)

Love it!!!
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Took me a lot of years, but I know that there are no magic fixes. Just good old eating right (and logging it for true calories in - no guessing) and exercising. That is why I am HERE and not on some other 'magic' weight loss site.

I'm doing this slow and steady. (Although I must admit... I do wish it was a bit faster but my body says S-L-O-W)
  • Vipecap
    Vipecap Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I was expecting at least one hammer time...

But I agree :)
  • NotAllWhoWanderAreLost
    Options
    LIKE!! :drinker:
  • AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Agreed.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    truer words could not be spoken.
  • chaugberg
    chaugberg Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So true. It's a lifestyle not a diet. Once you get off that Atkins diet it's all going to come right back!
  • KeepingitMovin
    Options
    *LIKE*
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting that. I agree.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I think for those of us who have large amounts of weight to lose and/or have been fat for a long time, it is a process. It would be wonderful if the light bulb came on for everyone IMMEDIATELY. For many of us, it takes a long time to get where you are and we should not be yelled at for not making it there at the same pace as you. Be grateful that you have it all together and wish the rest of us well. It takes a long time to break lifelong bad habits. Be a positive role model for those of us who are less than perfect rather than grinding us into the ground. Best wishes to you for your continued success. :smile: