Hello from Bristol, UK

Options
Hi, i've just read through a few of the most recent posts and it seems to be mainly people in the USA using this site. But i've been using the food and exercise logs for nearly a week now and i'm finding it really easy to use so thought i'd carry on. I'm 30 years old and weigh 183lbs. I want to lose 30lbs ideally but at the very least 20lbs would give me a healthy BMI and that's what i'm aiming for. I want to promote a good body image for my 10 month old daughter and when she starts running laps of the park, I want to be able to keep up with her!
I am my mother's daughter and so i'm under no illusions that I can be a super skinny size zero, neither do I want to be. Just being a toned curvy yummy mummy will do for me :)
Wish me luck.................

..............i'm hungry!!!

Replies

• xxnicxx
    Options
    Good luck

I am also from the uk. I went to uni in Bristol

Nic :-)
  • SMC_chick
    SMC_chick Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hello from Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA!

I have the same goal. I want to be the woman that turns heads....or at least the head of my husband. I went up 4 jeans sizes during my pregnancy. I just about cried when I went to the store to find new jeans after I finally lost the belly that made it look like I was 4 months pregnant. I hate this and want to at least get back to the size 4 I was. I would really love to get back to the size 1 that I was before I went on the medicine that made me gain weight and brought me up to a 4. I don't have any daughters. My family is dominated by men. However, I want to be a hot mama! (My baby was born 11/17/10 by the way)
  • kelley4123
    kelley4123 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    hello! Im from the uk.. north east. I joined amost a week ago too, find MFP is really helping me keep on track, although I'm dreading my first weigh in tomorrow.
  • netty1983
    netty1983 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey huni, there is loads of british people using the site, if you search, pages and pages of people from the uk come up, they just dont seem post much. But alot of the food we have is on ie morrisons and tesco.

But is nice to hear from a fellow uk resident, im from north wales.

Anyway Good Luck!!!!

Feel free to add me

Netty
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    There are stacks of us....hence all the tesco foods in the database ;)

Just search for 'Team UK' for starters....

and hello from beautiful South Yorks :)
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Oops- simultaneous posting!
  • cfranklin12
    Options
    I weighed myself tonight while the house is quiet...wish I hadn't as after almost a week of strict calorie counting (under 1200 cals every day) and exercising several days in a row that I wouldn't usually have done, my weight is exactly the same as when I started. If this happens to you tomorrow just remember it takes a while for your body to get used to your new regime and probably next week will be better. And if it's good news, well done you :)
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I'm from the North West of England! Been here since May, only taking it seriously since September. I've lost over 2 stone in that time. I've found the best way to lose is to exercise! Yes, I know, horrible to know but it's true.

If I do a reasonable amount of exercise, I find I can still eat sausage and mash, chicken and mushroom pie, veggie lasagne!!! Oh yes! Not all on the same day, mind!!!!

And I treat myself at the weekend to a bottle of wine and/or crisps!!!!

It's definitely do-able,you just need to get into the swing of things! And take it slowly but surely.

My goal is to be 140lbs. I'd love to be there by July but I don't think it's going to happen. Still, I'll be a lot slimmer, fitter and healthier than I was in July last year!!!

Please add me if you wish, my food and exercise diary is open to my friends.

LouiseXXX
  • Glos_Bloke
    Options
    Hello from Gloucester, UK :wink:

Feel free to add me!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I weighed myself tonight while the house is quiet...wish I hadn't as after almost a week of strict calorie counting (under 1200 cals every day) and exercising several days in a row that I wouldn't usually have done, my weight is exactly the same as when I started. If this happens to you tomorrow just remember it takes a while for your body to get used to your new regime and probably next week will be better. And if it's good news, well done you :)
    Also keep in mind that your cycle plays into it... retaining water, and I think the body a lot of times hates giving up its extra LBS it has gained...
  • teawithtennyson
    Options
    Welcome to the journey! I am NOT British, but did live in Northampton for a year back in the early 90's (they say its "everywhere pretty, but nowhere beautiful").
    I noticed you said "I'm Hungry" and I just wanted to encourage you not to stay that way...if you don't eat enough you will set yourself up to gain, rather than lose. Just start with that big helping of salad or steamed veggies, stick with olive oil saute's instead of deep frying, drink water instead of pop and find everything high fiber you can sink your teeth into and you will be full before you finish your daily calories!!
    Cheerio!
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am from the USA (born in Canada), but my step dad who lives with me and does the shopping and cooking is from Scotland. So I do enjoy his Mince and Scottish sausage. What a difference from any sausage in the states. Not giving it up, just eating it in moderation.
  • goron59
    goron59 Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Hey, we're not all American :-) I'm from UK (Dursley, just up the road, originally!)
    Welcome and best of luck!
  • kandy80cat
    Options
    im from plymouth uk , only started on here a few days ago but already have better motivation and help from alot of people on her
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm a fellow Brit too - feel free to add me x
  • microem1
    microem1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm new too - just joined today!!

I live in Bournemouth, UK so not too far from you.

I woke up feeling really motivated today so I thought i'd join a website like this to hopefully keep the unhealthy food at bay hehe!
  • han182
    han182 Posts: 82
    Options
    I live just outside Bristol but am at uni in Brighton!
  • LadyLu1980
    Options
    I've just joined today too! I'm from the Wirral, North West UK! Feel free to add me! Need loads of buddies to keep me in check lol! :bigsmile: