Which Wii games are great for burning calories and having f

Options
Hi MFPeeps :smile:

My hubby and I are planning on getting a Wii once we get our tax refund back. I want to get some good games that are fun, but also will burn me some calories. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• butterflyfaerie
    butterflyfaerie Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2!
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I only have two, but I love them both! I have had Wii Fit Plus for a while now, and it's fun to get on and do a mini workout, but I just got Zumba, and I must say, I'm SWEATING! Great workout. I definitely recommend it!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    My Wii came with Sports Resort. There's a "super hula hoop" game on there, I try to beat my own spin record every time and in the process that burns calories like crazy. It's great for a quick workout!
  • elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    Just Dance is fun and I just tried Zumba for the first time. It was fun and I was working up a sweat! Both are great to get you moving. I have 2 left feet and at times feel totally uncoordinated but I just laugh it off and keep moving...my 5 yr old has fun too.
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    i love wii zumba :o)
  • tourmaline11
    tourmaline11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried my zumba game yet (stupid tendonitis) but I will tonight!
  • in_it_2_win_it
    Options
    I f you are looking for a good wii game to help loose the weight.. might I suggest EA sports Active.. I LOVE it.. my husband and I just bought it over the weekend and we are in love with it. and let me put it this way... the first time we tried it I couldn't even finish it because it was that tough.. and then yesturday I actually finished 2 work outs.. and had to do both of the ones I missed.. today was the first time I ever finished 1 work out and it was tough.. not to mention I also went and worked out in my work out room in my appt building... so yes I think EA sports active is the best game
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I have Wii Fit Plus and EA Sports Active 2. Both fun in different ways. EA is nice because it comes with a heart rate monitor just for the game, so it can give you an accurate calorie burn.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Wii Resort has a variety of things on it. For cardio workout get Wii active 2. Wii Fit was OK but I didn't do it like I do the Wii Active 2.
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    im currently using wii fit and just dance1, also have dance pop party for the wii, but havnt tried it as yet :)

hope u find sumat u enjoy

best wishes
    Kirstie x
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    i ave just dance 2 and its fun and it makes me sweat:smile:
  • staceyb_2003
    staceyb_2003 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    just dance2 burn loads of calories and forget its exercise the time flys by ! x
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My Wii came with Sports Resort. There's a "super hula hoop" game on there, I try to beat my own spin record every time and in the process that burns calories like crazy. It's great for a quick workout!

Ohhhh I am so trying this!
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    I HIGHLY recommend EA sports active 2. I've dropped my resting heart rate by 20 BPM, and for the first time in my life I can run a mile or more without stopping or walking.
  • claret1980
    Options
    Just dance 2 & Fitness Coach for the Wii
  • RedfootDaddy
    RedfootDaddy Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Definitely Just Dance. Killer workout, and a fun party game (especially when you get people drinking!)

I also use MyFitnessCoach for workouts. Really adaptable personalised workouts, you can set the duration, and she really makes you sweat. Also, lectures you for skipping workouts.
  • GURLEY_GIRL3
    GURLEY_GIRL3 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I DO THE WII FIT PLUS..LOTS OF GAMES AND EXCERISES! GREAT FOR STARTING OUT
    AND JUST DANCE 2 IS FUN AND BURNS LOTS OF CALORIES
  • vanessa021
    vanessa021 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We just started playing the Michael Jackson Experience and it is a good workout and fun too if you know the songs!
  • mmoyer1978
    mmoyer1978 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    We have a Wii Fit Plus and I love it. Boxing, Super Hoola Hoop, Advance Step and the Obstacle Course make me sweat like crazy. Plus, it helps you keep track of your BMI, Weight and fitness goals. Great buy! Totally worth it.
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I adore my Wii fit plus. I just got a new game called Wii Your Shape, which has a camera and no controller. You can incorporate weights, a swiss ball and step into the workout, and man, did it kick my but! I can only do 15 minutes at this stage as It is very intense! It also targets certain areas you want to tone / strengthen / or lose from.