PERIOD WEIGHT!

Options
do you gain water weight before your period? or during? and how much? i feel like i always make an excuse for my bulging belly when i'm on my period!

Replies

• bostongirl987
    bostongirl987 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    do you gain water weight before your period? or during? and how much? i feel like i always make an excuse for my bulging belly when i'm on my period!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I can gain as much as 5-10 pounds in water weight. I try to watch my sodim during that time and drink a lot of water to help flush water out. I can usually tell because my whole body swells up, inculding my fingers where I can't wear my jewelry.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Girl, I gain about 2 pounds before I get my period. I gain about 5 pounds total during that time. Don't weight yourself at all during your time... It'll be a baaaad thing to do.
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I can gain as much as 5-10 pounds in water weight. I try to watch my sodim during that time and drink a lot of water to help flush water out. I can usually tell because my whole body swells up, inculding my fingers where I can't wear my jewelry.
    ME TOO! BLAAH! I don't step on a scale that week if I can avoid it.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Ugh-- I'll start holding water before, it peaks during, and doesn't subside usually until the 3rd week. It's very annoying, as I only have but one week per month where hormones don't wreak havoc with my body. COME ON MENOPAUSE!!!!!!!!!
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I gained three lbs exactly overnight this time.....but keep exercising and eating right and it will come off as easily as it appeared!!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    depending on the month I gain from 0-up to 10. Keep exercising and drink a little extra water (yes that is the cure) and like mentioned above, maybe you just step away from the scale for the week.