The best way to tone thighs?

Options
I'm not really a big person, but my thighs and rear are very very flabby! What is the best way to fix this area? I would really like to tone up!

Replies

• princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of Plyometrics? For me, I've noticed this has helped loads! Lots of different kinds of lunches (front and side).
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I would have to say squats (with or without weights, I use 20 pounds to start), and maybe just some walking. I have bigger thighs too, so I hope to hear more ideas :)
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I heard squats-pretend like you are getting ready to sit down in a chair-also lunges-side,front, and back along with donkey kicks-do 3 sets of 10-15 reps each every day along with cardio for 30 min
  • knelson422
    Options
    I really like the jillian michaels dvd's 30 day shred and no more trouble zones. The have helped me tone those areas more than just doing my cardio workout. I think I am more tired after her dvds than after running 5 miles.
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    cardio, squats, a healthy diet, motivation, determination, hard work, commitment, sacrifice, patience, etc. :o]
  • chimebird
    chimebird Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you have On Demand try the 10 Pound Slimdown workouts, especially Lower Body and Blast. I've been doing them for about two weeks and the majority of the fat in my thighs has been replaced by muscle already.
  • laurabeth02
    Options
    My favorites
    Walking Lunges: make sure you step high, it really makes a difference, and add weights after awhile
    Squats: start with just the bar and work your way up to weights, really sink down and stick your butt out
    Jump Squats: these really get your heart rate up there and can help tone your legs, add weights after awhile

Hope this helps!!
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    squats. lunges. lay on your side, and lift one leg up, so it works your outer thighs. lay on your back, and do leg lifts.
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My problem is the outer thigh and glutes! Suggestions?
  • MemphisMarly
    Options
    Don't forget squat thrusts (not the same as squats). Intense!
  • ShawnaRae00
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I'll throw in some extra squats and see what happens!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Bump