Alli weight loss suppl.

Options
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried using the weight loss pill Alli..I wanted to try it, but its sooo expensive! ive heard from others that it works really well bc its fda approved, and i figured thats why it is so expensive..any feedback?

Replies

• momogogo
    momogogo Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My sister took it a few years ago and lost over 80lbs. She stopped taking it and gained most of the weight back. I tried taking it for about a week and could not live with the side effects. They were pretty gross. Oily stools, and God forbid I had gas. I had to keep an extra set of clothes with me. EEEwwwww. I know it's gross, but I ain't gonna lie to ya! Good luck
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    never tried it but heard good and bad... good that it works... bad that you basically **** your pants all the time... I forget why tho... if you have greasy food or anything, it'll go right thru you!

I would try something more natural that has a guarantee. That way you aren't buying something expensive and then it not working or you not liking it. Nutrilite is the way to go! just send me a message :)
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My husband is currently using them and has had good results so far. They are a temporary means to get over his mental hurdle (he hasn't been under 265 in about 9 years) and then he's done with them. They work, but you need to be strict on the diet. He hasn't had any of the complications you hear about in the horror stories, but I have had female friends who have. The best advice I can give you is to stay strict to the diet, but stick with it after you stop the pills or the weight will come back.
  • PharmCat12
    Options
    Alli works by disrupting how your body absorbs fats. Basically, it keeps more fat in your stool and less absorbed into your system. That is why you get the side effects like flatulence, oily stools, and "leakage". I know that a lot of people can't tolerate the side effects so they stop using it. As for expense, it is relatively new on the market so it will likely be expensive for awhile.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    To be honest, I would try to stay away from weight loss pills..only reason why is because A LOT of people end up gaining the weight after coming off of them. But on the same note..not all people do. If you do decide to go on a weight loss/appetite suppresant, make sure you are still eating healthy and at least 5 to 6 times a day. This is crucial to building your metabolism, so when you are ready to come off of the pill your body is not shocked. On Alli you basically lose 50% more weight...so its like if you would normally lose 6lbs a week on your own...with Alli you would lose 9.

My honest opinion is they are ok to jump start weight loss...but not for long term use. I would really only say 3 to 4 months tops. There is a reason why they are so expensive though, but that is for a WhOLE other conversation! Just remember the prescription and over the counter drug industry is a 300 Billion dollar industry in N. America alone. This is because there is a lot more money in people being sick and overweight, than if they just changed to a healthier lifestyle and didn't need any medicine.

I would definitely talk to your doctor though about all of your options first, and then do what you feel is best for you :)
  • Pattilynne
    Options
    you may want to check at GNC. i used to work there and they usually have something comperable to name brand products that work just as well and don't cost as much, (back when Cortislim was the big thing, they had something called Cortiless... same thing, different brand, $20 cheaper) and to top it off, if you do try something from there, and you absolutely hate it/can't stand the side effects/change your mind within 30 days, you can bring it back for a full refund, so you are not stuck with what you bought and are never going to use again. sometimes their prices are a little bit higher, but it is worth having the flexible return policy if you do buy something and find out that it is not for you.
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    you may want to check at GNC. i used to work there and they usually have something comperable to name brand products that work just as well and don't cost as much, (back when Cortislim was the big thing, they had something called Cortiless... same thing, different brand, $20 cheaper) and to top it off, if you do try something from there, and you absolutely hate it/can't stand the side effects/change your mind within 30 days, you can bring it back for a full refund, so you are not stuck with what you bought and are never going to use again. sometimes their prices are a little bit higher, but it is worth having the flexible return policy if you do buy something and find out that it is not for you.

As with Nutrilite products there is a 100% money back guarantee only you have 180-days (6 months) to decide if you liked it or not... and even if you used the entire bottle/box... whatever... you will get your money back! Definitely go with something that you can get your money back if you don't like it!

One last thought... what do you think of synthetic? synthetic anything? man made, every other supplement out there is synthetic... only Nutrilite is 100% organic, 0% synthetic :)
  • maher2006
    maher2006 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    thanks so much for all the feedback everyone :)