Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Not Hungry Enough to Eat All My Calories

Help! I am just not hungry enough to eat all my calories a day. I'm only taking in around 1,000 a day and I am suppose to be at 1200. Then I exercise and don't eat back what I exercised off. I can only eat so many veggies a day. My weight is at a stand still. Does anyone have any advice other than eating fillers like pasta and bread?

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    I would definitely stay away from fillers!

Reach for nuts! Lots of protein, and healthy fat! Will bring up those calories easily.
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    A good tablespoon of peanut butter will help you out. I find it's a good way to use up the extra calories at the end of the day... and is tasty!
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Unsalted cashews, or almonds are your new best friend!

1/3 of a cup of cashews will put you at 300 calories!
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    grab some 100 cal snack packs of the things you like for some yummy dessert. i like orville redenbacher's 100 cal kettlecorn
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Dairy products, fruit and/or nuts are a great way to add a couple hundred calories to a day very easily without "fillers".
  • Thanks for the advice. I will try almond butter and some walnuts.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    almonds and avacados :smile:
  • jittythekitty
    jittythekitty Posts: 62 Member
    Start eating sooner in the day. Eat smaller, more frequent meals and have atleast one "High" calorie meal a day ((Below 500 still))

Always remember to eat after you exercise (At least have of your calories burned)
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Try a sliced apple dipped in melted peanut butter (~1TBS).

with your meals Beans (black, pinto, navy, etc...)

Nuts of course.

Some cheese, crackers and wine always makes me smile.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Fruit, nuts, and dairy are calorie-dense foods if you're ever under your calorie intake. Veggies are nutrient-dense low-calorie foods. I don't recommend going anything below 1000 initial calories at the least, because it will eventually affect mental and motor function. It's literally a personal choice to eat them back or not. A lot of people do and advocate it to the Nth degree. Some people don't and will say it's fine.