What New Food Have You Tried & Surprisingly Loved?

Options

Replies

• TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    PB2 -- regular and chocolate. Google it. I love it -- hubby prefers it to regular peanut butter.

Basically, they kept what was left of the peanut after they pressed all the oil out of it. It's a powder and you just take 2 Tablespoons of the stuff and add 1 Tablespoon of water and, voila, it's just like peanut butter minus the oil. And instead of 190 calories, it's 45 and still has the protein of the peanut -- just not the fat.

Sure, the fats in peanut butter are healthy and I still eat the non-hydrogenated varieties of peanut butter, but for those days where I've had plenty of healthy fats and want peanut butter without the calories, it's a life saver!! Makes a kick-@#$@ chocolate peanut butter protein shake and a darned good PBJ sandwich as well.

Yummo!
  • thisis4me
    thisis4me Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Re-discovering veggies again!! Sugar snaps peas, brocoli sprouts, wasa thin crisp bread, egg whites and greek yogurt....all flavors and even the plain which I put a tbs honey or fruit spread in it and mix....the plain is also good to use in place of sour cream!!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Wasabi Almonds
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I was about to post the exact same question. :0) I just tried Kabocha Squash (Japanese Pumpkin) last night, delicious! I'm going to try to make quinoa shortly.
  • atomdraco
    Options
    PB2 -- regular and chocolate. Google it. I love it -- hubby prefers it to regular peanut butter.

Basically, they kept what was left of the peanut after they pressed all the oil out of it. It's a powder and you just take 2 Tablespoons of the stuff and add 1 Tablespoon of water and, voila, it's just like peanut butter minus the oil. And instead of 190 calories, it's 45 and still has the protein of the peanut -- just not the fat.

Sure, the fats in peanut butter are healthy and I still eat the non-hydrogenated varieties of peanut butter, but for those days where I've had plenty of healthy fats and want peanut butter without the calories, it's a life saver!! Makes a kick-@#$@ chocolate peanut butter protein shake and a darned good PBJ sandwich as well.

Yummo!

Thanks for the info! I love peanut so much but didn't like it has too much fat.
  • atomdraco
    Options

Yummo!

Where did you buy those? I saw people mentioned bellplantation.com online...
  • pandafoo
    pandafoo Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    i used to stay away from avocado (thought i wouldn't like the mushy taste), but then i got into guacamole... and now i'm fine eating it sliced with some sea salt and freshly ground pepper! never would have thought this would happen :)
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I tried kale in stir fry. Tried a recipe... cranberry lentil salad with walnuts and feta cheese= was very good.
    Also tried a fruit salad of pomegranite, blueberries and mangos... so addictive I could eat it every day.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I knew I liked onions, brussels and asparagus.... but didn't know I loved them roasted!
  • bonniejo
    bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Turkey Bacon! Tastes so yummy without all the fat and guilt of regular bacon :)
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    sweet potatoes with a little brown sugar, garlic powder, and chipotle chile powder on them. dang. they are heaven. also mochi and trader joe's giant white beans.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options

Yummo!

Where did you buy those? I saw people mentioned bellplantation.com online...

On their website there's a store finder. That's how I found a Market Street grocery near my home where they sold it (and it was almost sold out!). Or you can order it online if you don't have a local store. BTW -- my hubby is addicted to this stuff.
  • leanandmeanmachine
    Options
    I recently tried "acorn squash" little butter and brown sugar baked. It was really good!! Will be buying again!
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    Edemema
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Raw almonds instead of my Smokehouse almonds. They have no sodium. Go figure.
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Beans... all kinds of beans!
  • gr8grl68
    gr8grl68 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wow--there's alot of great ideas out there. Have always been "afraid" of hummus, but may just give it a try. Love squash but don't make it too often for my family (used to bake it and blend it into baby food for my daughter--store in freezer ice cube trays--but that's another topic I guess!) :)

OK--Kale Chips? Where would you even get these? Never tried soy milk, but the almond milk is good (vanilla flavor I've put in my coffee--YUM).

Thanks--and keep those ideas coming!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    New to me as an adult. Yellow squash and beans. As a child I would get in trouble for spitting out my squash at the dinner table. YUCK! Now I will make stir fry with it. Zucchini & squash spaghetti. I just love it.

Beans...ewwwwww. Anything that was mushy when you chewed it with skin was just YUCK! Now I will make a bean salad in a minute and tear it up!

You still can't get me to eat eggs though :noway:
  • mikeveggie68
    Options
    mussels
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Edamame

A friend took me out for lunch at an Asian restaurant Monday, and these were new to me, and good. Go figure!

I also tried venison for the first time on Sunday. I don't know if it's good for you or not, but at least I tried it. Thumbs down. Didn't care for it.