Question about 30 Day Shred

Options
Hi there
for those of you who have completed it before, if and when you redo it, do you restart at level 1? I am almost done L3 of my first go and was wondering how to proceed? thanks!

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I prefer doing 1 level at a time, never cared for L1 just did L2 for 30 and L3 for another 30 and now Im doing L3 again and will buy new size weights. Its all up to you, keep it fresh!
  • morawjo
    morawjo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm in Level 2 right now and I'm thinking when I finish the full 30 days, I'm either going to start over at Level 1 and do it all over again, or perhaps do a different level each day just to keep it interesting.
  • eleanoreb
    eleanoreb Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    haha..i actually find level 2 harder than level 3..
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    haha..i actually find level 2 harder than level 3..

I agree!
  • brity77
    Options
    Perhaps you can start over at level 1 with heavier weights :)
  • Fabnover40Kat
    Fabnover40Kat Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im doing Level 1 30 days , Level 2 30 days, Level 3 30 days
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    Try one of her other DVD's maybe! She has so many. Mix it up!
  • moleymole
    Options
    I have just started again and am going to mix it up - so do level 1 for 3 days, then level 2 and 3 etc etc and keep it fresh
  • leasah
    leasah Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat, Im about 4 days into L3, but I'm trying to figure out what to do after the 10 days. I have found myself moving back to L1 and L2 lately since I have no love for L3, so Im having to force myself to do that one every other day or so. I will tell you that when I do the L1 and 2 now Im increasing my weights to 5lbs (orig used 3lbs) so Im getting a more intense workout. Ive also been trying to do more Natalie than Anita than I did the first go round.
  • ccckwalk
    ccckwalk Posts: 262
    Options
    I think you should try some of her other dvd's. My two favorites of hers are, Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. They are both about 55 minutes from warm up to cool down. These are a ton of fun and super great workouts! Good luck!
  • StaceG1986
    Options
    I started up again this year after only doing it for about 4 days last year and giving up lol... I'm L3 D4 so also nearly done, when I've finished I'm going to start up to C25k again which I aso never completed last year, I may do L2 on the days I'm not doing that! I personally found L1 too boring near the end and I HATE L3 lol!

I might try one of Jillian's other DVD's too...
  • sharevans
    sharevans Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm going to start over from the beginning again and do all 3 levels. I have done it for 30 days once, but I didn't do it 30 days straight. I like all 3 levels, they each have challenging parts so I think it's good to do them all. I also love Jillian's Yoga Meltdown. If you like Yoga it's a great workout.
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I've done all three levels, but will stick with level 1 until I can do it with no problems. Than move up to level 2 and so on. I may mix it up once or twice just to prevent getting bored.

Another one of her DVD's that I tried was her Yoga one. I found it at the library. It's actually really good considering I never took her for a "yoga" person. And, she even mentions something about "never thinking she'd ever do a yoga video". She's still her kick *kitten* self. It's not a relaxing, stretching, type of yoga but it's close and a good workout.
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Definitely up the weight, it can make a big difference. I don't do them every day, only on days when I only want a quick workout and I'll alternate between 2 & 3. Or if I have time I'll do 2 and 1 at the same time. I also like the Boost Fat workout and you can also add weights to increase the intensity of that workout as well.
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    I think you should try some of her other dvd's. My two favorites of hers are, Banish Fat and Boost Metabolism and No More Trouble Zones. They are both about 55 minutes from warm up to cool down. These are a ton of fun and super great workouts! Good luck!

Sweet! I actually have those 2 dvs as well as the 6 weeks to 6 pack but haven't tried them yet.. once i finish the 30day shred i will give it a go
  • eleanoreb
    Options
    I only had 5 pound weights so i've been using those, not sure if i will want to up the weight..