Changed to Wellbutrin XL anyone?

Options
I did post a thread earlier regarding being unable to shift my weight under 143lbs despite seriously trying hard for 12 months.

I am now wondering if it is the CYMBALTA DULOXETINE SSRI (for depression) that I have been taking for approx 18 months..

After researching on the net all day, I am wondering if I should give Wellbutrin XL a try?

Any advice would be greatfully received. I will always need to take anti depressants in some form so coming off them is unfortunately not an option.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and please send me a PRIVATE message if you do not want to add to this thread because your experience could be a great help

Thanks x

Replies

• crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I'm on 300mg Wellutrin XL right now. Hasn't curbed my appetite. I have BED though so it may help you. Every med works different for ddifferent people.

The first time I was ever on it was about 6 years ago. I lost an extreme amount of weight in a very short period and was taken off the medication. This time around it's been weight neutral
  • Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    i was on Wellbutrin XL has a smoking cessation aid... It did help a little with mood stability i am not sure it is as strong as other medications for Depression. However, I take prozac currently and even though it can make you gain weight i have been able to take weight off with diet and exercise.. Have you had your Thyroid checked maybe another underlying problem... Never be embarrassed by depression, it's a chemical imbalance that you can not control. But you can control if you get help or not.
    Good Luck,,,
  • jigglemom
    jigglemom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    It worked for me when I was on it, but only for awhile. After your system gets used to it, you don't lose weight anymore. It's also something I wouldn't take by itself, unless your depression isn't too bad. I was taking it with Effexor (a mood stableizer). Give it a try!:happy: