Calorie Intake

Options
Hey hey MFP people. I had a question, Im always confused theres just SO much out there when it comes to weight loss and being healthy. Why cant they just write down a few rules for the whole world to follow, it would make life a lot easier instead of getting lost in there forums. :)

Anywho....my question is calorie intake, im supposed to be eating 1200 a day, which I always do Ive been sure Ive been on top it of, making smart choices etc. And I think for myself Ive been doing pretty good, Im still in the beginning but last month lost 10 pounds woot woot. I have been doing it by 90% of the time, eating the 1200 calories then working out. I alternate between strength training and cardio. On my cardio days for instance, AFTER working out I will have a good 600-700 calories left over, which I know is a lot...now this is where I get confused because Ive heard both opinions. Do I eat those calories? Or do I leave it as is because i HAVE eaten 1200 calories already? So far not eating them has been working, but I could always be more successful! ...Guess it scares me to know that eating my 1200 plus another 600-700 is just way to many calories.

I hear all these things about starvation mode and a person could be loosing and burning more if u eat the calories you burn etc etc. AHHH!! :noway:

What do you do, do you eat them or leave them???

Replies