30 Day Shred Challenge - Week 2 - Sept 8 to 14

Options

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm tellin' ya-- I'm fixin' to kick Jillian Michael's butt-- EVERYONE who is doing this blinkin' thing has gained. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Hmm...not everyone has gained. Please remember in order to have more success losing weight while exercising you have to monitor your nutrition. It is just not eating under your calories but also looking at what you are eating. Some people might say they stay under the caloric requirements but they might still be eating french fries and ice cream :laugh: :laugh: (I am not saying everyone is doing this so please dont be rude to me :laugh: ) Also, drink lots of water!!!!! 8 cups of water is definitely not enough. I drink about a gallon or more of water a day. It is that TOM for me as well and I really thought this morning I was going to weigh more and that was not the case... please be patient but be consistent. Don't give up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Alf, yes I believe I'm suffering from what you're describing-- "healthy" food simply isn't in the budget, so I'm subsisting on 1200 calories of the boxed and canned crap that I can afford to feed this family of 11. Usually I have a bowl of cereal rather than the sodium laden crud that I have to serve. Beats starving, so no complaints. Hopefully a new job will come soon to DH, but that's not likely right now in the mortgage business-- :grumble:

I'm being patient. I was only kidding this morning-- it's frustrating when it goes slow, but I'm hanging in. I know eventually it'll come off-- as long as I reach goal weight by next June, I'm good.
  • pdxmomof2
    Options
    Hello Fellow Shredders. I didnt start this challenge until today. I had the DVD but had never even opened it. Well, this morning I did it. It was not easy! It wiped me out! I have been tired and hungry all day. I know that will turn around soon but wow! 20 minutes goes so quickly, its hard to believe that she can make you feel like that in 20 minutes!

Here are my stats (as I see that everyone else is posting theirs)

Starting weight - 198

Measurements
    chest 39
    hips 42 1/2
    waist 41
    thighs 22
    :sad: :sad: :sad:

Goal for this challenge...
    183 (15 pound weight loss)
    Lets hope for some inches and pounds lost after 30 days of Jillians wrath!

Good luck to all!

Amy
  • emikarls
    emikarls Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I am not losing weight, but I am losing inches! I did lose 10 lbs last month, so 1 week with out a lose is nothing for me to complain about. :drinker:

OFF TO SHRED!!!!!!!
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    I was shredding before this thread started. I don't weigh myself due to past ED, but I KNOW I've lost at least 1 pant size in two weeks. I am almost finished with L3 and although I still struggle with the jump squats I can do most everything only catching my breath occasionally. I'm still going to do L3 daily until the end of September and report in. Then, I'll rotate it with something else. I know I'm going to miss it daily, but I don't want my body to get too used to it and get in a rut.
    BTW, I occasionally run and haven't been running since starting the shred. I decided to run on Sunday and see how far I could make it. Before, I couldn't do 2 miles without stopping for a half mile and walking. I DID 4.3 MILES---no stopping! My belief is that shredding has helped my endurance and muscle strength. I'll try running again later this week. Weird!
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in day is Tuesday (tomorrow morning) so I will post all of that stuff tomorrow.

I have been kind of alternating Level 1 and Level 2 - I tried Level 3 on Saturday and was very sore - definitely a good workout!!! I took Sunday off to let the muscles rest a little bit. I did Level 1 tonight again and will probably start alternating all 3 of them for the rest of the month.

I will post tomorrow and let everyone know where I'm at on weight and measurements!!

Great work everyone!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gameset
    gameset Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    hi everyone- shred goals this week are 5x.

Tonight, we took our sons out for ice cream to celebrate freedom from Braces- at least till the next one starts- so i planned ahead and did double- yes double- shred- level 2 then 1. I am not sure i will make it down the stairs tomorrow to shred...
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Alternating level 1 and 2....ready to begin steady level 2.
    Feeling good shredding.....up my calorie intake to 1400....finding this to be a good intake.....much more consistent and comfortable. Didn't take measurement yet this week but can feel a difference in my clothes.

Back at it at 5 am tomorrow!
  • emikarls
    Options
    OK, I just finished L2. I revisited it and it was sooo much better than the last time I tried it! I still cannot do the last ab thing, so I just do a harder one from L1. I will try, but I did not want to slow down. I am thinking I am going go between L1 and 2.

Keep up the great work everyone!:drinker:
  • JanCar
    Options
    Everyone is doing Awesome! I can't believe how inspiring this website has been for me. And in only a week's time. I teach a class at the local gym and let myself get out of shape over the last two months (nursing some injuries). I started Shredding on Thursday and tonight in class, I really felt like I kicked everyone's butt!! And I feel so much better about myself than I did only one week ago! Thanks for all the support!
    :drinker:
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I bought the DVD last night and plan to start it tonight. I weigh in on Tuesdays and can post results then (also on the black team for the biggest loser challenge). Hope nobody minds me joining the challenge late!

--ashli 69.gif
  • emikarls
    Options
    I bought the DVD last night and plan to start it tonight. I weigh in on Tuesdays and can post results then (also on the black team for the biggest loser challenge). Hope nobody minds me joining the challenge late!

--ashli 69.gif

WELCOME! Happy to have you!
  • natalie424
    Options
    I am not losing weight, but I am losing inches! I did lose 10 lbs last month, so 1 week with out a lose is nothing for me to complain about. :drinker:

OFF TO SHRED!!!!!!!

YAY for losing inches! Keep up the great work! :)

I did L 2 tonight... and I had such a hard time getting through it this time. I don't think I had enough water today, or I had my afternoon snack too early. I am alternating between L1 & L2, so the plan is to drink lots more water tomorrow and do L1 with 3 and 5 lb. weights.

Good luck everyone!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay, so my hand is killing me all day today, and I'm thinking it's carpal tunnel, or something. It always tends to flare up during hormonal times, and I have a home typing job-- so all day today I'm thinking it's carpal tunnel.

I had done level 2 last night and the nigth before-- and I hit the deck tonight to do Level two again, and get into the first walking push up and my hand screamed in agony. I stressed something major league last night in all of the floor work. My poor wittle hands still can't support 183 pounds of me, yet, I guess.

So, I quickly abandoned Level 2 and went back to 1, with some modifications here and there, throwing in some 2 moves-- and totally kicked my butt.
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome Emikarl!

I finished my first round of level 1. It was intense, but I did the elliptical at lunchtime and also did a strength training routine with my husband just before doing level 1. I think next time I'll spread them out and do shred in the morning and weights with my hubby in the evening! I was TIRED doing them back to back!

Day one down...29 to go!

:bigsmile:
  • momandwife
    momandwife Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Tuesday morning ......

OK - here are my stats!!

Beginning weight (Sept. 1): 137.0
    Current weight (Sept. 9): 136.5
    DOWN 1/2 pound!!

I didn't do my measurements on Sept. 1 - the last time that I did them was on 08/19/08 ......

08/19/08
    Bust (with bra): 36.25"
    At bellybutton: 31.25"
    2" below bellybutton: 33.5"
    6" below bellybutton (hips): 38.75"

Today's measurements - 09/09/08
    Bust (with bra): 36.25" ....... SAME
    At bellybutton: 31.0" ........ DOWN 0.25"
    2" below bellybutton: 33.0" ........ DOWN 0.5"
    6" below bellybutton: 38.5" ........ DOWN 0.25"

YEAH!!! My measurements are decreasing - and I definitely feel the difference when I put on my clothes - especially jeans!!!

I was up this morning at 4:45 a.m. doing Level 2 ...... before the birds even woke up!!! :drinker:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 164.0
    Week 2 weight: 162.8

Yay, I'm finally down! I just hope it stays that way. I measured last week but I'm not going to do it again until the end - my measurements change slowly and I get discouraged if I see them not moving.

I did level 2 on Sunday, but went back to level 1 yesterday because I was just exhausted for other reasons. I am sore today, though, which is probably from Sunday (it usually takes me a little over a day to start feeling sore). Maybe I'll try level 2 again today.
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    Still haven't gotten my DVD from Amazon....grrrr...I paid for fast shipping and that was Thursday before labor day weekend....:grumble: . I really want to do this with you guys :sad: . Okay I got it out of my system.
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Still haven't gotten my DVD from Amazon....grrrr...I paid for fast shipping and that was Thursday before labor day weekend....:grumble: . I really want to do this with you guys :sad: . Okay I got it out of my system.

I just got mine yesterday, so don't feel bad, you're not alone! I did it last night for the first time and let me just say... Jillian was called a whole lot of not-so-nice names...:grumble: But I did it. And it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting -- altho it was plenty bad enough! And the plus side is, I'm not ridiculously sore today, so I know I can go home and do it all over again! I hope yours arrives soon!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I hear you!

I had to order mine from Canada- I won't be getting it till NOVEMBER!!! If there's anyone out there who will still be wanting to shred then, let me know!!