Random Thoughts about Food...

Options
Amajoy
Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
So I have a couple things to share and just thought I would throw them all into one post. :tongue:

1. Dried Cranberries are REALLY good in salads - If you need to add some pop to your salads then try some of these, yummy!

2. Crackers - I typically dont eat alot of processed foods but my snack life was getting a little boring with the same old thing so I was in the cracker aisle at my grocery store and probably spend a good 10 mins there reading the nutrion labels of multiple brands. Important factors for me in buying a cracker: A serving consists of at least 12 crackers (nobody wants to just eat 5), low calories per serving, and low sodium. So after scanning I decided on Wheat Thins Toasted Chips Garden Veggie flavor (12 chips per serving, 130 cals, & 290 mg Sodium). They are SUPER Tasty, I definitely recommend them!!!

3. New Tasty Snack - 6 slices of deli turkey, 6 Wheat Thins Toasted Chips Garden Veggie flavor, 1 stick low fat string cheese (divided into 6 pieces). If you use the brands/types I did below the facts are: 175 CALS, 13 Carbs, 7g Fat, 17g Protein, 2g Sugar, and 815mg sodium. ***I know the sodium is a little high on this but I rarely come close to hitting my sodium for the day and I wont eat this every day, its just a nice change. Also, you could switch out the deli turkey for chicken breast, but 4oz of that has 120 cals, so I figure it wont hurt to take in less cals for the protein and up the sodium a little, plus its easy.

Oscar Meyer - Deli Fresh Turkey Breast Mesquite , 6 slices 50 2 1 8 0 440
Lucerne - Low Fat String Cheese, 1 stick 60 1 3 8 0 230
Wheat Thins - Toasted Chips (Garden Valley Veggie), 0.5 oz 65 10 3 1 2 145

Thats all for now... ENJOY!!!!

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    My new addiction is the Special K crackers... 17 crackers for 90 calories! They're a bit small, but you get 17 of them! I eat them with laughing cow cheese, diced avocados, or some natural peanut butter! Bon appetite!
  • kimiel
    kimiel Posts: 108
    Options
    Thanks!! :smile:
  • mandijo
    mandijo Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Very interesting! Thanks!
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    My new addiction is the Special K crackers... 17 crackers for 90 calories! They're a bit small, but you get 17 of them! I eat them with laughing cow cheese, diced avocados, or some natural peanut butter! Bon appetite!

You know I saw those and didnt even pick up the box to look at the facts... I think they just didnt appeal to me, the picture that is... Maybe next time I will give them a try. :)