HCG Diet

Options
Hey everyone,

I'm just starting HCG. I'm on day three.

So far I'm doing so good. I just had an amazing lunch (I used a chicken recipe from the hcg recipes).

So i was wondering if anyone else is doing this diet.
How are you doing on it?

Share your recipes.
Add me.

Replies

• KandiLicious
    KandiLicious Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm looking to start it this weekend...so I probably will be asking you questions about it. Good luck and keep us posted on how it works.
  • uk_sugarbabe_2k
    Options
    hiya, what is hcg diet??
  • pinkprincessness
    pinkprincessness Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Is that the drops?
  • aling01
    aling01 Posts: 163
    Options
    i did the hcg 3x last year and will be starting again next month. last year i cheated most of the time because of when i started with all my vacation, holidays coming up but i did manage to lose 30lbs.
  • amandarusco
    Options
    Hcg is a hormone found in pregnant women. Basically you take the hormone three times a day before your meals.
  • amandarusco
    Options
    it is the drops
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Hcg is a hormone found in pregnant women. Basically you take the hormone three times a day before your meals.

So do you take them forever? If not, what keeps the weight from coming back?
  • amandarusco
    Options
    Im on the 26 day program. I take them for 26 days along with a pretty strict diet. then there is three weeks of a maintaning period. This diet helps teach you heathy portions and eating habits for u to use once you are off the diet so the weight doesnt come back.
  • aling01
    Options
    you don't take them forever.

there are pretty much 4 phases of hcg..people usually start with phase 2.

phase 2 is where you get 2 load days where you eat as much fat and protein...limit carbs because when i did a lot of carbs it only made me more hungry.

after that you're doing the 500 calorie diet (i went between 5-800)...where you're on a super strict diet...only certain fruits, veggies and proteins are allowed. no form of sugar or carbs whatsoever.

phase 3 is where you get to double your intake on protein and veggies. pretty much same as phase 2 but you get to incorporate more food and healthy fat (not all at once, but add gradually) but still no sugar or carbs.

phase 3 is the MOST IMPORTANT part of hcg. i never did this phase and therefore gained all my weight that i lost back and its not fun...lol but i already knew i was gonna do that.

phase 2 and phase 3 you have to do minimum 3 weeks. phase 4 is where you can start eating your maintenance calories, whatever you want but OF COURSE you add things back gradually into your system. not like day 1 of phase 4 you go all out and binge.

if you do some research, there's a lot of info. i have a blog on it that i stopped maintainng at hcg.amyling.com. in there, is a few post behind hcg and how it works as well as resource links.

So do you take them forever? If not, what keeps the weight from coming back?
  • amandarusco
    Options
    hey every one I just wanted to give an update.

I've been on hcg for a week and I feel like I'm doing really good. The first couple days of the 500 calorie diet was really hard, but the last couple of days I am staying full all day long.

I however did cheat on saturday.....ooopsy... and I cheated pretty bad. We celebrated my future father in law's birthday and cake was involved... my favorite cake german chocolate.....

Well anyways I have lost about 7 pounds so far so I am seeing results. And I am feeling pretty good. I feel like I am definitely going to be able to finish this thing strong! Thanks for your support mfp friends.
  • aling01
    Options
    that's awesome!

keep it up!...well not the cheating part...=P you know what i mean..haha

i can't wait to start...just 3.5 more weeks!
    hey every one I just wanted to give an update.

I've been on hcg for a week and I feel like I'm doing really good. The first couple days of the 500 calorie diet was really hard, but the last couple of days I am staying full all day long.

I however did cheat on saturday.....ooopsy... and I cheated pretty bad. We celebrated my future father in law's birthday and cake was involved... my favorite cake german chocolate.....

Well anyways I have lost about 7 pounds so far so I am seeing results. And I am feeling pretty good. I feel like I am definitely going to be able to finish this thing strong! Thanks for your support mfp friends.
  • amandarusco
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement.