Would this make weight lose harder in the future?

Options
So I have ankle weights and other body weights to add pounds when I workout. I read this can boost weight-lose big time because your body needs to work harder to even move you. What do u think?

I am wondering if I should wait until I need to those last 5 lbs to use the weights, or should I break em out right now? Won't they make it even harder to lose weight if I start using them and than stop? Wouldn't my body get use to the extra weight and not lose weight as quickly when I don't use them?

I am not looking for super fast weigh lose, I just don't wont anything bad to come from using ankle and other weights. Thanks everyone!

Replies

• Olona
    Olona Posts: 70
    Options
    Well I think I remember hearing that wearing those around your ankles can cause you to have joint problems when you get older this is because that 5 pound weight is not equally distributed throughout the ankle its in that one spot where the weight is. It's like someone pulling on your ankle while your walking yes your body will burn faster but you could develop things like arthritis. Cause belive me when I first started losing weight that was the first thing I wanted to do cause thats an easy workout.
  • SamWTFx3
    Options
    It'll be fine. Just start out slow, using no weights. Then after a while you can add them. And in the future, if you didn't use weights, you'd still lose weight, just not as much. Or you'd have to do more.
  • gargust
    Options
    What are you doing with the weights? Running? Some kind of aerobics? Just lifting weights?

As far as your body getting used to them and making weight loss harder: I wouldn't think of it that way. True you might burn fewer calories without them on, but your body won't all of a sudden refuse to burn calories. You will still need to burn off more than you take in to lose weight.