Recovery Formula?

Options
I've been doing Beach Body's Insanity and Shaun T always says to 'make sure you drink your recover formula after each work out'..I will usually have a protein shake but i'm wondering if I should be drinking something else after working out. I'm not interested in buying beach body's recover formula but if anyone knows any alternatives???
any feedback is appreciated!
thanks!
Hailey

Replies

• ready_for_a_change
    Options
    EAS sells a myoplex lite that has everything you need for a recovery drink, some complex carbs, some protein and some vitamins. There are others as well. a good place to research and find supplements of any kind is www.bodybuilding.com. I have used them in the past and they have good prices and fast shipping. But of course cottage cheese and fruit makes a great "recovery product" as well!
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I use the recovery formula, it works and tastes really good! But, chocolate milk will do the same trick! :wink:
  • gargust
    Options
    A basic whey protein is sufficient for most people. There are more complex (and expensive) protein shakes out there, like GNC's Wheybolic, that contain amino acids and other building blocks for muscle recovery. As ddavies and skwarner have mentioned, however, you are probably just fine with eating properly and being sure to take in a good meal immediately after your workout.