my scale was wrong!!

Options
i was using my wii fit to weigh but recently we bought a bathroom scale... well my wii was off...it waid i was lighter than what the bathroom scale... but i was steadily losing weight according to my wii fit.. so my question is did i really lose that weight or did it lie about that too?

Replies

• sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Did you use your Wii fit on carpet? Cuz that'll screw you up every time... But all scales tend to weigh differently, they said that the only consitant ones are in the doctors offices
  • prencesskl
    Options
    no you really lost it, all scales are different, I use the wii because it's easily accessible as well, yet the one at the gym is usually about 4lbs less, the peditricians is 5lbs higher, my dr's is almost 10 lbs, and the gyno is the same. So I stick with one.
  • ObviousIndigo
    ObviousIndigo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I was doing the same thing and then I bought a scale:) I would say that you probably have lost some of the weight but a scale will be more accuarte. On the wii fit I had a significantly different weight everyday. On my scale it stays consistently the same. The wii said I weighed 165!! My scale said I weighed 175. I brought my weight up on here (as hard as that was) and I have been working at it ever since! I don't even weigh anymore on the wii fit!
  • scatmaster
    Options
    I hit the nearest hospital and walked around until I found a medical scale. I weighed myself there and found that my bathroom scale said I was two pounds heavier than I actually was. Wahooo. In my opinion a bathroom scale is a gauge nothing more.
    Anytime I see the doctor or am in a hospital if I see one of there scales I use it. My digital bathroom scale cannot be adjusted so as I said they are cheap and are a gauge.
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I always weigh more at the Drs. office too.
    Think I prefer my scale.
  • cherslone
    Options
    I have heard a persons most acurate weight is in the morning, after you have slept and before you eat or drink anything.
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    I have a medical scale that they use at hospitals and they are very accurate :)
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    yea it is on carpet... i didnt know that it messed with it.. now i know.. :smile: it makes me feel better to know that i have lost the weight though!!! there is a 7 lb difference. when i started losing weight my wii fit said 197 and i had made it down to 186....and when i started using the bathroom scale i was 196 so i add those lbs 10 to the 196 from the bathroom scale to get my actual start weight and that puts me at 207... and then i weighed today at 194 on the bathroom scale so i have lost 13 lbs? im not sure if all that makes since...:huh:
  • npryor100
    npryor100 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    try using you're measurements as a metric as well. I try to measure myself every 2 weeks. Losing inches is just as rewarding as pounds.....or so I tell myself :)
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    try using you're measurements as a metric as well. I try to measure myself every 2 weeks. Losing inches is just as rewarding as pounds.....or so I tell myself :)
    i measure too..ive lost 3 inches off of the band of my bra and and inch off my waist..i went up in cup size though:huh:
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    nvm i looked back and i honestly have lost 10 lbs so far... i just wish mu ticker showed it!! but i went back and changed it to the accurate number....
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have found that if my Wii fit feet are not in place, it shows a great weight loss. I use a yoga mat to help maintain support of the wii.
  • mezzoforteish
    Options
    I had the same problem when I was using my wii fit board on carpet.. Either way, you lost weight. Its just you were always a higher weight than you thought you were.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Even medical scales can be off. I was weighed twice on two different scales yesterday - one doctor was on the third floor, the other was on the second. It was less than an hour between the two weigh-ins. There was a 1.1 pound difference between the two scales.

I use the Wii Fit scale and it's on carpet. It was within two pounds from my weight(s?) at the doctor's office, so I'm not worried about it. I know I'm losing weight - I've dropped two pant sizes. It's pretty consistant with the weight loss. When I ate a bunch of junk for the holidays, it showed a gain. If it was bouncing all over the place, I'd be concerned.