I miss BEER.

Options
I wish I could go to the brewrey and get a pitcher to drink by myself sometimes. It's so delicious and comforting to have a hef waiting for me after a long day of work. It's not the alcohol that I'm missing, it's the comfort of drinking something that I associate with relaxation and kicking back. :( siiighhh... I told myself I would wait until I saw solid results / progress in my weight loss before I would drink another beer. Anyone else feel the pain?

Replies

• taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Right there with you. I used to keep 2-3 kegs on tap in the garage (was an avid home brewer, but not so much lately). I miss those days. Although it's shocking to think back to how much beer I used to drink.
  • britneyash
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean! Having a delicious frothy beer is something I thought about this past weekend. But you can hold off the temptation and have some microbrew to celebrate when you reach your goal. You can do it! Think of the payoff!
  • danibowron
    danibowron Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    YES! I stick to wine but every now and then a nice beer hits the spot. In the summer I enjoyed the Miller Chill which are really low calorie. But I like amber ales and other microbrews and that is where I get in trouble... they have lots of calories. Anyone else know of any good low-calorie beer that is tasty too?
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Yeah...mine isn't beer though, mine is just alcohol. I noticed I drop 2-3 pounds easily in a week if I don't drink anything, butttttt.....to me, I associate a drink with relaxing too. I can quit when I want, I have in the past, but...I'm an adult, and if I have a long and stressful day, I don't think a drink at the end of a day is that bad. Then again....I would lose ssooooooo much faster without it:)
  • etron
    etron Posts: 33
    Options
    Do you all have any good suggestions for lo-cal beer? Maybe I can squeeze one in here and there... :)
  • Aspynmom
    Aspynmom Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Liquor is quicker....:) and less calories! (some of it, anyway!)

When I have a surplus at the end of the day I'll have a shot o' the Captain and a Diet Pepsi!
  • vzepol
    vzepol Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I too miss my favorite indulgence. Heineken, Anchor Steam, even an occasional Bud.
  • Punktorian
    Punktorian Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Never cared for beer a whole lot but I understand what you mean with just the association with relaxing and having a few. I've always been more fond of a nice glass of whiskey so I've been keeping with that and almost stopped with beer but I'll have one or two every now and again. A nice cup of green tea helps me settle down and relax as well but it isn't the same.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    low calorie beer: Guinness
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Wow. Me too...I've missed alcohol for a couple of years in fact. Good thing I drank several bottles of Tequila before my husband got me pregnant and now I'm nursing my baby. So whenever I wean him I'm going back to happy land.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Liquor is quicker....:) and less calories! (some of it, anyway!)

When I have a surplus at the end of the day I'll have a shot o' the Captain and a Diet Pepsi!

Yes! That's what I'm talking about!!!

Ok, low cal beer, I know Michelob (or however you spell it) has a low cal beer, and I think Bud does now too. The only thing is, the alcohol content is half as well. So, if you're just going for flavor....it works, if you're going for a slight relaxation feeling...may not work as well.
  • moakley
    Options
    One to try is Bud Select 55. I have grown to like it since it is so low calorie, and I don't feel so bad having a couple. It did however taste pretty watered down at first.
  • busub
    busub Posts: 58
    Options
    low calorie beer: Guinness

*like*

Have a beer every now and then. Life's too short. The 150+ calories per pint shouldn't hurt too bad as long as it's not everyday/more than one. I had beer last Saturday. First pint of Stella that I've had since the new years. It was tasty, and after one, quite satisfying. Just make sure you adjust your calories throughout the day for it.
  • Corismom
    Corismom Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this post to read and there was an ad on the side that said "stop alcoholism now". Just thought that was ironic.
  • marniehodges
    Options
    I used to have a couple a night, especially in the summer (sometimes more on really hot days :tongue: ). I never drank to get drunk, totally for the kicking back and relaxing thing too! I'm sure that helped contribute to the 50+ pounds I packed on! :sad: I'm not going to give beer up totally, I just save up or work out harder for the indulgance now. LOL sounds like I'm saving up for a car or something! :laugh: When I really want to enjoy I go for a Corona (with the lime of course). :drinker:
  • KickassYas
    KickassYas Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I clicked on this post to read and there was an ad on the side that said "stop alcoholism now". Just thought that was ironic.

thats just hilarious.

i <3 hefs and had to cut it down too. but i didn't realize i needed to do so until I started this thing and it measured my consumption.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Beer can never go away.:sad:
  • addman72
    addman72 Posts: 220
    Options
    Youn can take my place at the brewery but you may have to do some work
  • appleshells
    Options
    Miller lite is only 110 calories per bottle. I refuse to give it up completely.
  • etron
    etron Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks everyone... what about a good alternative to hard apple cider?