Zumba

Options
I don't see zumba in the datbase. Is there any way I can add it to my exercise?

Replies

• FaeFae
    FaeFae Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just added my own Zumba but i have a heart rate monitor. I burned 304 calories i think in 45 mins. It differs with each person though
  • briarashley
    Options
    i had the same problem, i added it as aerobics. soemone else added it as dancing. there is a vigorious aereobics if you went hard out :) i did it for the first time is AGES two days ago and my tummy is still sore! such a fun workout huh!
  • TomInOakCliff
    Options
    Hi. My name is Tom. I don't have an answer to your question. But I was wondering, do you like doing Zumba? Not exactly sure what it is but my local city rec center via the parks dept. offers it during the week and I'm thinking about going to do it. Thought I'd ask what it was like. Thanks.
  • Crystals422
    Crystals422 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I do have a hrm and I burned 566 in the hour, 500 minus the cal you subract that you would usaully burn just doing nothing. How do I enter it myself? Tomin tonight was my first time and I loved it. Mainly girls in the class. I just figured out how to add it, disregard.
  • hotmooglelove
    Options
    I would go with briarashley and just use aerobics or dancing.

@Tom I would youtube some Zumba videos as some men find it too feminine. If so, something like Tae Bo, or perhaps step aerobics or spinning might be more desirable
  • tmackster
    Options
    I was reading about it in another post and people who have recorded their calories and an instructor of zumba said you burn anywhere from 500-1000 calories in an hour session. I own the DVDs and like to do them in my home. They are about 40 minutes, plus I usually do my own little warm up to get my heart rate going. I logged 400 just to be safe. It really depends on your height and weight and heart rate. Plus you can make the workout harder or easier depending on how much your moving around and such. The YMCA offers it for free, so I'm hoping to make it to a class soon. If I hear anything else, I'll let you guys know!