The best Turkey Burger..ever!!

Options
The ex took everything, but lucky for me she did not take the beloved Turkey Burger recipe...YAY!! LOL This is the best turkey burger I have ever tasted. I sometime enjoy it bunless with some nice veggies or eat it as a sandwich dressed with a little avacado. I hope it will make you as happy as it made me. Since this was chicken scratch on a piece of paper I found in the kitchen drawer. I am not sure how many servings this makes, but if I recall she was able to make 4 decent size patties.

1/2lb Turkey
1/3c onions
1/2tsp canola
1/2 bread crumbs
1/2tsp soy sauce
1/2 worcheshire sauce
1/4tsp garlic powder
1/2tsp poultry seasoning
1/8tsp ground mustard
1/8 tsp pepper
dash of salt

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and shape in 4 decent patties. Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once until done.

Enjoy!! :tongue:

Replies

• tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    ***Bump****

Thank you!!!!
  • evandmegsmom
    evandmegsmom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Yum! You can make it even healthier by omitting the oil and bread crumbs. Totally not needed. I also add chopped jalapeno peppers to mine. I ADORE turkey burgers.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Yum! You can make it even healthier by omitting the oil and bread crumbs. Totally not needed. I also add chopped jalapeno peppers to mine. I ADORE turkey burgers.

Soy sauce has a high amount of sodium. I actually enjoy turkey burgers too.
  • babygurl1
    babygurl1 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump yummy
  • lbecerra64
    Options
    You can replace the bread crumbs with plain cereal, it will be as good.
  • awesome_orchid
    Options
    THanks, I printed a copy!274650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • censu67
    censu67 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My ex did something similar (haha, on both counts), but the burger also had feta in it.. very good! I think it was a Rachel Rae recipe originally.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    yum!!
  • wwh140
    wwh140 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    sounds really good. maybe even my picky eater hubby will like it. thanks for sharing!
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of soy sauce so I would probably modify it even further. Turkey burgers rock!
  • coog81855
    Options
    bump
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, I was just wondering what to make for supper, think I will try these on the grill.
  • aunienue
    aunienue Posts: 416
    Options
    Thanks, glad the ex didn't get this!
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

We season them up real good and add chopped jalapeno to ours too!! YUMMY! No oil, bread crumbs, or soy sauce.
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    I have a pack of ground turkey in my fridge and I had no clue what I was going to make! This will be perfect! =) thanks

Any substitutes for poultry seasoning? I have never heard of it but I have a lot of other spices!!
  • forgiven4life
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Will have to try this one.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I have a pack of ground turkey in my fridge and I had no clue what I was going to make! This will be perfect! =) thanks

Any substitutes for poultry seasoning? I have never heard of it but I have a lot of other spices!!

My hubby is the main cook at our house...he uses everything...just throws it whatever he feels like at the time!
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    The ex took everything, but lucky for me she did not take the beloved Turkey Burger recipe...YAY!! LOL This is the best turkey burger I have ever tasted. I sometime enjoy it bunless with some nice veggies or eat it as a sandwich dressed with a little avacado. I hope it will make you as happy as it made me. Since this was chicken scratch on a piece of paper I found in the kitchen drawer. I am not sure how many servings this makes, but if I recall she was able to make 4 decent size patties.

1/2lb Turkey
    1/3c onions
    1/2tsp canola
    1/2 bread crumbs
    1/2tsp soy sauce
    1/2 worcheshire sauce
    1/4tsp garlic powder
    1/2tsp poultry seasoning
    1/8tsp ground mustard
    1/8 tsp pepper
    dash of salt

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and shape in 4 decent patties. Cook the patties in a medium skillet over medium heat, turning once until done.

Enjoy!! :tongue:

I looooove Worcestershire sauce on turkey burgers. Delicious!!
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Good recipe but I think is mine better. Keep making your burgers as regular but I mince some green peppers and onions and throw in the mix. Then, I mince some mushrooms, Take 2 smaller patties and layer: Patty, mushrooms, cheese of your choice, patty. Press edges together to seal and cook. I don't eat bread so I usually have it with some mashed potatoes and lots of veggies. Yum.