Starting P90X Monday, February 7th

Options

Replies

• LittleD311
    LittleD311 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Day 1 is done! I loved it! Although ab ripper was intense, cant wait to do day 2 tomorrow!
    GOOD JOB!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was great! I really liked arms and shoulders... next time I will use more weight lol

I'm the same. I just finished day 3 but needed heavier weights!!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Day 3 was great! I really liked arms and shoulders... next time I will use more weight lol

I did that DVD a couple weeks ago, and really liked it. I can't do the pull-ups, but I use the universal when it's time to pull-up, and I pull down. It works.

Glad you enjoyed.
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    Yay!! Day 3 done! Oh are my abs going to be sore tomorrow but in a good way!:happy: Hope everyone is enjoying it so far!!
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Day three done here too... I was using 15 pounds for all the bicep exercises and won't likely increase weights next week... may by the third. Loved this workout but forgot how hard those darn crouching Cohen curls were. I subbed out Ab Ripper for a walk on the treadmill for two reasons:

1. I am in a flare up and wouldn't be able to get through half the exercises
    and
    2. Because I have been doing doubles with HIp HOp Abs, so I did not feel guilty about subbing it out

Had a great workout last night though... and tonight is my most dreaded night of all, the Yoga from hell DVD.

Wish me luck, cause I am gonna need it to get through!

Make it a great day fellow Xers!!
  • Marla64
    Options
    hey-- day 3 done.

I already plan on subbing Winsor Pilates for the Yoga-- I tried the yoga last week. Who the heck has 90 minutes? Bored the snot out of me.

So on Yoga days, I'm gonna Pilate it.

Later-- great job, everyone.
  • cassandra77
    Options
    hey-- day 3 done.

I already plan on subbing Winsor Pilates for the Yoga-- I tried the yoga last week. Who the heck has 90 minutes? Bored the snot out of me.

So on Yoga days, I'm gonna Pilate it.

Later-- great job, everyone.

OMG agreed... it was awful! I think I will do the same. I love Pilates. I only got through 50 minutes anyway!
  • MsP90X
    Options
    Well, I did the Yoga last night because I subbed it all the time during round one and this time I want to try and love it... that being said I mixed it up a little (hehehe)... but I got 303 calories out of it and I ran on the treadmill (as my warm up) and burned over 400 calories... so it was a great day. Now today it is legs and back... one of my faves.

Make it a great day and KPP.

Marge
  • btotten
    btotten Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My husband and i are doing the p90x (we are on week 4). we have yoga tonight. My husband hates it, but I have really started liking the yoga. It is really difficult for me (I have pretty much no flexibility) but it really gives me that feel good all over feeling and a sense of accomplishment. It is really one of my favorites. How are you figuring out the amount of calories burned on it?
  • MsP90X
    Options
    My husband and i are doing the p90x (we are on week 4). we have yoga tonight. My husband hates it, but I have really started liking the yoga. It is really difficult for me (I have pretty much no flexibility) but it really gives me that feel good all over feeling and a sense of accomplishment. It is really one of my favorites. How are you figuring out the amount of calories burned on it?

I use a Polar Heart Rate monitor... to calculate my heart rate.
  • cassandra77
    Options

I don't have a heart rate monitor YET lol so I just put yoga in the cardio search and put in how long I did it for. HTH!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Day 4, complete-- 50 minute Winsor Pilates instead of the 90 minute Yoga, but it's all good. Still worked on strength and flexibility-- youch!!!!!

Have a great day.
  • btotten
    btotten Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Maybe ill need to break out the manual for my heart rate monitor. I wasn't sure it would be effective for yoga or lifting or things that are not cardio intensive
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Great job everyone!!!!!!! I havent looked on this post for awhile! sorry.....

so, day 3 is done! today was shoulders and arms, and I LOVED IT! I feel so great, but i'm only using 5lbs, so this weekend i will be buying at least 8lbs, since i could tell it was a little bit too light for me.....

ab ripper x killed me today, i'm just so darn sore from yesterdays plyo!

I have to say though, i'm really enjoying these work outs, and i love doing them! I must be crazy too, since i'm doing them in the mornings, and then i have my committment to the gym with my friend in the evenings...i just hope i dont burn myself out!

i cannot wait till day 30 just to see results!

:)
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    All I can say is the first half of yoga SUCKS!!! I WILL be doing my pilates video when it is yoga days.
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Yoga x was today.......did not like it at all! It was so hard for me, I'm not flexible at all........but, I kept up with it, and finished!
  • littlemissbogus
    Options
    Hey all! I just started the P90X today and was looking in the groups for anybody who's started recently and found this thread. I did the Classic version day 1 this morning, but then watched the workout for the Lean version day 1 while sitting on the couch (ha!!) and it looked like more my style than wrestling with the stretchy band thing. Although I was totally amazed that I could do 8 pushups when I'd just bet my boss that I could only do 1! He's doing the P90X and talked me into doing it as well.

Well great to see you all here. Looking forward to hearing what you all think.

And as for pilates, I think I'm going to do my Pilates video instead of the Ab Ripper X. It seemed more geared for men's bodies. Anyone else think so?
  • LittleD311
    Options
    Hey all! I just started the P90X today and was looking in the groups for anybody who's started recently and found this thread. I did the Classic version day 1 this morning, but then watched the workout for the Lean version day 1 while sitting on the couch (ha!!) and it looked like more my style than wrestling with the stretchy band thing. Although I was totally amazed that I could do 8 pushups when I'd just bet my boss that I could only do 1! He's doing the P90X and talked me into doing it as well.

Well great to see you all here. Looking forward to hearing what you all think.

And as for pilates, I think I'm going to do my Pilates video instead of the Ab Ripper X. It seemed more geared for men's bodies. Anyone else think so?

Good job! I just finished day 4 of classic today! I'm loving it thus far! Wow! 8 push ups!?!? That's great! I had to modify everything on day 1, Ab ripper x is hard, but, I'm already doing better! I think it's easier for men, since they are buildt differently , just do your best! The lean is more cardio ....god luck!
  • tritta01
    tritta01 Posts: 311
    Options
    I am just doing my own routine for this, I am doing more of just the cardio stuff not the weight training (its more for men for sure) i'll keep posting on its going without that stuff
  • Marla64
    Options
    All I can say is the first half of yoga SUCKS!!! I WILL be doing my pilates video when it is yoga days.

Totally agreed. I just hated it, and not just because it was a bit difficult. I could have handled the difficulty, and modified. It was just so flippin' boring-- gaah.gif

As for the Ab ripper-- well, my abs are totally dead from bearing 9 children, so I do the best I can. It was hard, but I simply do what I can. I'm confident I'll get stronger and better at some of the moves, but I'll never be able to do some of the moves. Biggest problem, again, is the time factor-- on the heels of a 50 minute DVD, another 16 for abs isn't always easy for me to squeeze it in.

But, I'll manage, somehow--

Weekends are nearly impossible for me to get day 6 in each week. So, I'm just going to pick up on Monday where I left off-- day 5 Monday morning of Lean.

Glad you found us littlemiss-- and tritta, the weight training is still important for women. It helps with the fat burning, blah, blah, blah-- and you can modify it with lower weights to get toned, but not built up. For what it's worth, I'd head to Wal-Mart and get some weights and incorporate the weight routines, too-- my two cents.

have a great night all-- see y'all Monday.