Sept 08, MFP's Runner's Club

Options
2»

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

It is great to see you all here! Great job everyone!

Today is a rest day for me. I am still removing wallpaper.<sigh>

To anyone thinking about getting a Garmin (running gps), I got a brand new one on Amazon.com for $129. I used it Sunday for my 10 miler. I LOVE it!

Make it a great day
    -Kechie.

Which Garmin did you get -- I am thinking about getting one myself.

Today was a rest day -- thought I was going to bike but my body was off today so I decided to take a nap and relax. Back in the gym tomorrow. Feeling a little rested.

Sounds like hip failures for a couple people Carvan - hope it starts to mend!! Strawberry -- how is your hip doing??
    Happy trails folks!

I got the Forerunner 205. It is great for pacing and timing my training runs.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Wow, what an active day today!! Glad to see everyone (you especially Mir!) up and at it on a Monday morning.

I am off to the gym now for my workout - going to run at least 4 depending on how much energy I have. I didn't eat well or drink any water today. :grumble:

Keep up the great work everyone!!

:flowerforyou: Tricia
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

No idea. Going to see the osteopath this aft. Happened when I bent down to pick up a plain white Tshirt. lots of pain, tilted hip, etc.

Carol

Sorry I missed it. What's up with your hip? :flowerforyou:

You wearing 6" stiletto's when you picked it up? :laugh:

Hopefully, it's nothing serious. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options

No idea. Going to see the osteopath this aft. Happened when I bent down to pick up a plain white Tshirt. lots of pain, tilted hip, etc.

Carol

Sorry I missed it. What's up with your hip? :flowerforyou:

LOL, no actually my crocs. Danced in 6" inch heels, 2 days previous. Good news is it is pelvic in nature. Have some exercises to do at home. After 1 hour with him (and let me tell you, painful, but he is gorgeous:love: , made it easier), movement was much improved. Good news is I can run in 4 days, an short easy run. YAY me!!

Carol

You wearing 6" stiletto's when you picked it up? :laugh:

Hopefully, it's nothing serious. :flowerforyou:
    [/quote]
  • alimassa
    Options
    Hello all!

I had no internet this weekend so I could not check in after my 1/2 marathon yesterday.

I finished in 1 hour and 52 minutes. Placed 329th out of 970 runners. I was very happy I did it, but I have to admit I was a tad disappointed in myself. My runner partner and I said we were finishing together..hell or high water! I get a side cramp at 10 miles in that I could not shake. At about 11 I had to start walking to stretch it out..I told her to keep going and I would catch back up. Big mistake! I ended up doing the run/walk/run crap for a mile. I finished a minute behind her. Not bad, but I was not happy I didnt run the whole thing and I didnt finish with her...I feel like I let her down. :grumble: :grumble:

Oh well....there is always next year! And big picture here people....I FINISHED!!! Oh and I was mad coming into the final stretch and everyone was cheering for a gal about 10 feet in front of me. Is it wrong that I thought to mysef that she must go down? Cause I kicked into gear and passed her! :laugh: :laugh:

Happy running!

Ali
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon runners,

I'm off to do weight lifting and elliptical (3 miles). Keep up the great work everyone!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

I had no internet this weekend so I could not check in after my 1/2 marathon yesterday.

I finished in 1 hour and 52 minutes. Placed 329th out of 970 runners. I was very happy I did it, but I have to admit I was a tad disappointed in myself. My runner partner and I said we were finishing together..hell or high water! I get a side cramp at 10 miles in that I could not shake. At about 11 I had to start walking to stretch it out..I told her to keep going and I would catch back up. Big mistake! I ended up doing the run/walk/run crap for a mile. I finished a minute behind her. Not bad, but I was not happy I didnt run the whole thing and I didnt finish with her...I feel like I let her down. :grumble: :grumble:

Oh well....there is always next year! And big picture here people....I FINISHED!!! Oh and I was mad coming into the final stretch and everyone was cheering for a gal about 10 feet in front of me. Is it wrong that I thought to mysef that she must go down? Cause I kicked into gear and passed her! :laugh: :laugh:

Happy running!

Ali

GREAT JOB, ALI!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

You kicked my 1/2 time!! :love:
  • alimassa
    Options
    Hello all!

Happy running!

Ali

GREAT JOB, ALI!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

You kicked my 1/2 time!! :love:

Thanks Shannon!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello all!

Happy running!

Ali

Great time, Ali!! Yes, you finished and that is a GREAT time!!! You didn't let her down at all!

Jess
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    wow, a lot of posting today and I almost missed it. Alot of early risers also.
    I didn't run to give my hip a day of rest. I am hope I am not getting too old already, gosh I am only 40 and having my hip play games....mmm

Anyway, looking forward to a good run in morning. But then I am off to Vegas to spend time with mom. She is finally getting stints put in her heart and want to go be there. But if all goes well I will be checking back in Thursday. So tomorrow morning and then Thursday.

see ya
    sm
  • granola_girl
    Options
    I went to the gym late last night, 6 miles of intervals. I am excited I get to do an easy run today!