Top tip - beating a short-term sugar craving

Options
If you're craving something sweet try this. Grab a packet of Splenda sweeteners, the one which dispenses tiny tablets equal to a teaspoon of sugar in sweetness. Pop one of the tablets on your tongue and let it melt. Splenda contains sucralose and not aspartame and it actually tastes good and lasts a good 45 minutes, taking away the urge to reach for the sweets or biscuits.

Each one contains 0.2 calories. It may be called something else in the US (I'm in the UK). Don't try it with other products as you usually just get a very bitter taste which is not good.

Chris

Replies

• rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I avoid splenda Myself! Butnit is one of those things that can be helpful to people just starting to lose weight.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Eww.

When I have a sugar craving, I drink a glass of water. That's usually what I need, more than anything sweet.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Love It! Water does Help!

Eww.

When I have a sugar craving, I drink a glass of water. That's usually what I need, more than anything sweet.
  • knqtm104
    knqtm104 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    :blushing: wel i must be bad because when i crave sweets i have a small dark dove chocolate. one square is not much its all i need to stop the craving
  • chris808
    Options
    Same here, Lindt chilli chocolate all the way!

Chris
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    :blushing: wel i must be bad because when i crave sweets i have a small dark dove chocolate. one square is not much its all i need to stop the craving

Actually, that's pretty good!!! Especially if you track it!!!!
  • knqtm104
    knqtm104 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    i do track it and i stay in my calorie every once in awhile i go over some on carbs or something but i am trying:bigsmile:
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am a milk chocolate girl myself (tried, but just can't get down with the dark chocolate) and had one dove chocolate after lunch today. Perfect way to satisfy a craving : )
  • tahoemads
    tahoemads Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Go for berries instead! Low in natural sugar, they aren't artificial and have benefits for your body beyond tasting oh-so-sweet.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Since I've started juicing I rarely get sugar cravings and when I d they are manageable I have no problem guying a small (4 oz) ciao bella sorbet or even having a small dessert when I go out to dinner.
  • kirstinlee
    kirstinlee Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I don't think I could ever use Splenda... my dad and step-mom were huge Splenda people until my dad read a few reports that said that it's like, one molecule away from being straight Chlorine. Whether that's true or not, I don't know, but I don't like the taste anyway.
    When I'm craving sugar I reach for berries like blueberries and raspberries, and (when I have it on hand) 70% cocoa dark chocolate. I like it more than milk and white, and it's so good for you! Yum!
    I'm pretty proud of myself right now, actually. My mom and brothers brought home a gallon of mint chocolate chip Dreyers (one of my favorites!) and I fought off the cravings with a cup of fresh blueberries. They honestly tasted better than the ice cream would have, and it was guilt free, unlike all of that sugar would have been!