lost a little bit of weight... feeling good

Options
so, since my all time high of 311, i am back down to 308, so i'm excited that things are moving on the downslope again. my mom and i are going out of town to see sheryl crow for my birthday in less than a month, and i would love to be under 300.

i've taken all of your advice adn gone for the 2 pound per week goal, so my calories have shifted to about 1900 before exercise (about 2100 after). here is a sample of what i'm eating today.

breakfast: homade musli with whole oats, rasins, almods, bran, flax seeds chopped apples and fat free yogurt (450 calories... i need a big breakfast)

snack: 1 nectarine, mini carrots, cup of tea

lunch: 2 cups of low sodium beef barely soup, 1 small multigrain roll with 75g of corned beef and 1 sliced tomato (520 calories)

snack: 1 kiwi, cucumber slices, 1 banana

supper: 250g pork loin, grilled, 1 roasted potato with 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, steamed green beans (taking the advice of a big dinner, about 800 calories)

snack: tea

so, i'm goign to try today and see how it goes. i have 2 weeks off coming up on monday, and although my mobility is going to be limited, i'm going to used the time to go through a sort of rehab, and get my eatnig on track. it's always the first couple of weeks that are the hardest.

also, if i'm craving something sweet, i think i'm going to buy some whole grain chocolate cookies. for when a piece of fruit just wont cut it.

thanks everyone for all of the advice!:wink:

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    so, since my all time high of 311, i am back down to 308, so i'm excited that things are moving on the downslope again. my mom and i are going out of town to see sheryl crow for my birthday in less than a month, and i would love to be under 300.

i've taken all of your advice adn gone for the 2 pound per week goal, so my calories have shifted to about 1900 before exercise (about 2100 after). here is a sample of what i'm eating today.

breakfast: homade musli with whole oats, rasins, almods, bran, flax seeds chopped apples and fat free yogurt (450 calories... i need a big breakfast)

snack: 1 nectarine, mini carrots, cup of tea

lunch: 2 cups of low sodium beef barely soup, 1 small multigrain roll with 75g of corned beef and 1 sliced tomato (520 calories)

snack: 1 kiwi, cucumber slices, 1 banana

supper: 250g pork loin, grilled, 1 roasted potato with 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil, steamed green beans (taking the advice of a big dinner, about 800 calories)

snack: tea

so, i'm goign to try today and see how it goes. i have 2 weeks off coming up on monday, and although my mobility is going to be limited, i'm going to used the time to go through a sort of rehab, and get my eatnig on track. it's always the first couple of weeks that are the hardest.

also, if i'm craving something sweet, i think i'm going to buy some whole grain chocolate cookies. for when a piece of fruit just wont cut it.

thanks everyone for all of the advice!:wink:
  • Starlightdusk
    Starlightdusk Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I recommend the kashi dark chocolate oatmeal cookies. one large cookie is 140 cal but has higher protein and fiber and is satisfying and filling. for if you need something sweet.
  • wildkitty505
    wildkitty505 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    For sweet cravings I love the Fiber One bars (chocolate is my fav) 140 cals OR Fudgsicles!! 60 cal, 0 fat ...have 2! :)
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Congrats Lindsey

I'm jealous I really would love to see Sheryl Crow
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Fiber One Oats and Chocolate bars are sooooo yummy. Seriously, they're like a giant Kudos. 140 cals.