Cocktails...?

Options
I love to go out to the bars to relax on the weekends, or kick back and make myself a cocktail or two at home. I haven't drank in a while because I didn't know which alcoholic drinks were low in calories or if drinking in general will throw me off track even though in all other respects I am dieting and exercising regularly. Do any of you have thoughts on this topic? Any suggestions for low-calorie beverages?

Replies

• jamielr84
    Options
    I drink rum and diet coke when I go out on the weekends. I keep it within my calorie goal, but thats the lowest calorie drink I've found. I also try to drink a glass of water in between each drink. It makes me drink less and I always feel a lot better in the morning!
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    if you really like cocktails try some virgin cocktails I really love pina colada and they have a fab pineapple and coconut juice in Asda its 110 cals for 250ml glass
  • Just_Dot
    Just_Dot Posts: 2,289 Member
    Options
    Vodka-soda with lemon and lime juice is my go to.
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    Skinny margaritas! 100 Cals, and everyone knows how to make 'em now!
  • Jqgod
    Jqgod Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Girl I feel you on that! Usually when I go out drinking with friends I try not to eat toooo much during the day... Remember you have to account for your calories! And try to work out extra hard.. Those drinks add up!
  • Ally_Clare
    Ally_Clare Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I needed this topic :)

I will be heading out Friday night for a b'day and then next week a group of us are going away and we already bought the drinks and my gosh there are soooooooo many!! Must not lose to temptation! Okay maybe a few :)
  • emilybrittain
    Options
    Gin and Slimline tonic is always good, or if you want to drink white wine, add some sparking water or soda water so you are only drinking half the amount of wine.
  • pamp1emousse
    pamp1emousse Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    If you want a cocktail rather than spirit and mixer, I often ask for sugar-free mojitos. I've calculated them at about 120 calories!
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Vodka or gin with a diet mixer is probably the lowest in calories.

I like to drink wine, I think it's about 120 calories per glass and I find I drink it much more slowly than a mixed drink, so it lasts longer!
  • gehlerc
    gehlerc Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Most hard liquor seems to be around 69 calories per ounce. Mixed with a no-calorie mixer (e.g., Diet Coke or diet tonic) and, possibly, a wedge of lemon or lime, and I think that's as slim as you can get. You could be like me and simplify things; I like my whiskey or single malt scotch straight. Two ounces and I'm satisfied. :smile:
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Diet Coke is my diet tipple of choice

Anything else is just too high in cals (for me!)

Although if you just want to have the 'one' drink I would go for a vodka / fruit juice based cocktail (such as Tequila Sunrise or Cosmo)
  • Marlys101
    Options
    Vodka water with lemon, rum and diet coke or chardonnay :-) If you dance while your out you'll be burning calories :drinker:
  • kathvg
    kathvg Posts: 68
    Options
    I love to go out to the bars to relax on the weekends, or kick back and make myself a cocktail or two at home. I haven't drank in a while because I didn't know which alcoholic drinks were low in calories or if drinking in general will throw me off track even though in all other respects I am dieting and exercising regularly. Do any of you have thoughts on this topic? Any suggestions for low-calorie beverages?

awesome thread!!
    i am currently observing "no alcohol february" but i will eventually be "off the wagon" and will def have to try out these suggestions...in moderation of course! ;)