The Ban soda from your body team!

Options
I banned soda from my body it i feel lighter and healthier! i started about 5 months ago. Thanks to youtuber juicystar07 ! And its a healther choice just think abot those extra calories and salt your intaking! So i want all you to do it with me to!
Dont worry about needing it! Just get into the habit and soon it will tasted horrible you you wont want it!
:smile:
I LMPRF97 has BANNED soda from my body!

Replies

• autumn5gabby
    Options
    Thats what Im doing. I havent had it in about 1 month and dont miss it!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I totally stopped drinking soda for some time. First since I kept hearing people say "I stopped drinking soda and I lost 10 lbs". Well I didn't lose any from that. I stopped drinking sweet tea and only order plain tea now.

BUT once in awhile I have a soda now. I just like it still, and feel I can't totally deny a craving when I really want now.
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    I didnt lose weight instead it kept me from going up but staying level at the weight Im at now.
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    I am with you! I have banned Soda since January 1st. Two weeks ago I hada a Dr. Pepper (my old vice) and it didn't taste the same or give the feelings I used to crave. I actually dumped most of it out. (I hate wasting) Now I feel I can go the rest of my life soda free! And I have lost weight and I am losing my "soda belly"
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I successfully banned soda almost 2 years ago! And I have not looked back. Don't need it, don't want it...water and everything else that is natural tastes so much better now.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    I really need to get rid of soda...I know this sounds silly, but i get ice pick headaches from soda. No fun and they truely suck. YET I am still drinking 1-2 cans of dt dew a day.

How did you quit without all the side effects and how do you get through the cravings? I quit years ago and didnt' drink it for 3 years! I have tried many times to quit since but somehow I just can't.

Plus...migraines (2-3 a month), the only way I can get rid of them is with Coke and my medicine. If I have a really bad migraine month, I end up getting addicted all over again to soda because I'm trying to get rid of the migraines. It's been a real challenge.

:drinker:
  • autumn5gabby
    Options
    Still off soda and its not bothering me.Its been at least a month. I think its because I feel like its just the worst stuff even diet is bad from what I have heard.
  • alysen2012
    Options
    Well the longest time i have stop drinking soda was almost a year up until i had my wreck and i had no control but now i am slowly getting off it again just trying to have a glass a day or even a week or a month but it is hard when all your friends and family love to drink soda.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I stopped about a month ago, and am loving it. Just water for me!!
  • emilyds
    Options
    I'm REALLY trying... down to about 1 a week. I try to think about all the money I'm saving too, because I used to buy soda from a vending machine at work.
  • thektturner
    thektturner Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking soda before Halloween of last year and haven't had a single sip since. I drink skim milk, plain iced tea and water. That's it.

I was drinking a bit on the weekend in August and September 2010, but one weekend i realized it really screwed with my mood and made me tired and irritable and SO thirsty! So I said heck with it and don't miss it at all.
  • SouthernBell86
    SouthernBell86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I quit drinking all soft drinks back in July when I joined the site. Honestly, it was HARD to give up because I was super addicted to the caffeine and sugar.

What I did was prepare a big pitcher of ice tea each day. At first I had to add sugar to it, but I weaned myself off the sugar in that too, adding a little less each time. Anyway, I would just make sure to drink the tea at lunch and supper with all my healthier food, and other than that drink water during the day. The little bit of caffeine really took the edge off, and kept me from temptation. The few days that I forgot to make the tea I got pretty bad headaches, so I was pretty consistent with drinking some everyday for a month or so until I just didn't need it as much. Now I drink unsweet tea when I feel like having a flavored drink, and I really enjoy the taste. No temptation for sweet tea or soft drinks.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Ok i am in. I love soda and have diet drinks as my treat but no more. I have giving them up before and felt better. I can do this !!
  • janakcarlson
    Options
    Soda is the DEVIL. Even if you aren't trying to lose weight that amount of sugar in your body IS SO BAD. It gets your glycemic levels all over the shop and hello, diabetes!

I heart water.
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    Soda has not touched my lips in 6 months........................Soda is the single most obese causing product, when you start a diet first thing that should go is soda, diet soda is just as bad, so thinking because it has diet in front of it makes it better your sadly mistaking :devil:
  • jane77
    jane77 Posts: 489
    Options
    oh i fight this fight all the time its worst for me than quicking smoking was (did that like 10 years ago) I'll go months without a diet pepsi and than I'll have just one as a treat, than another and soon its back in the house and I'm having to fight with myself to only have on a day. It's a sad love hate relationship.
  • katjohn83
    katjohn83 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    does anyone else find it strange that people think and believe soda is bad for you and suggest banning it form their body... and do!

But when it comes to alcohol they make excuses, and suggestions for low calorie drinks and extra work outs.

Alcohol is far worse on your body and has other dire consequences as well.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    oh i need to! i drink one can in the morning and one at lunch. what did blair say in her video? i love her makeup videos!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    does anyone else find it strange that people think and believe soda is bad for you and suggest banning it form their body... and do!

But when it comes to alcohol they make excuses, and suggestions for low calorie drinks and extra work outs.

Alcohol is far worse on your body and has other dire consequences as well.

Just from those who I know who have quit soda competely, they are also people who do not drink alcohol and if they do, it is maybe 1 drink a month IF that. So not sure...but this is only those I personally know who have quit. I'm not an alcohol drinker; however, a beer now and then as a special treat when I'm out with my husband is safer for me than a soda. I don't get an alcohol withdrawl headache the next day. I could go weeks without soda and then have one as a treat and the next day, I actually will get withdrawl symptoms from the one time. So...with me anyhow, I think soda is much worse for my body than a beer now and then.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    For the most part, I gave them up amost 25 years ago and haven't looked back. I had a ridiculous TAB habit...for you young 'uns that was the diet drink of choice before Diet Coke/Pepsi. Every once in awhile I will have one, usually when there are no other options available (which hasn't happened lately!!), but I don't miss them at all. My hubby has pretty much given them up too.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!