30 Day Shred

girl_brett
girl_brett Posts: 166 Member
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I've noticed that when I do 30 day shred that it whips me while I'm doing it, but that's about it! I mean immediately after, I still feel the workout, but not horribly! The area that I feel the most...even if I'm doing Zumba or other workouts is not my shin I think, but on the inner part of my calf. It's a very strange feeling and I am curious what it is. But the days after I do 30ds I'm really feeling no effects from it. I'm thinking of doing more workout in addition to 30ds. What are your thoughts on that?

Replies

• Any workout is a good workout. If you do the 30ds; that's only 20 minutes. I don't think adding 40 more or so to it would be over doing it.
    I can tell you when I did the shred-I didn't get much cardio out of it but I did notice definition in my muscles when I was doing it everyday.
  • kld4239
    kld4239 Posts: 186 Member
    My knees and wrists hurt a little sometimes after I shred. I try and do the shred 4-5 mornings during the week and then do 60 mins of cardio in the evenings 6 days a week. I don't think the shred alone is enough exercise for me. I guess you could do all three levels if you wanted.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    I've been doing the 30 DS and after doing it for a little over a month, I started doubling up and doing two levels back to back. I just recently added her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism dvd in as well (HOLY CARDIO!) So now, I do 2 levels of the 30 DS one day, then BFBM the next for 5-6 days a week. I toned up a lot with the shred but only lost about 2 lbs. I added BFBM in and now I'm losing. Good luck!
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    I do the level i am on in the morning (level 3) and then in the evening i do level 1. I hear ya - great workout but totally able to throw in some more cardio afterward.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    I just finished BFBM today...killed me, actually killed me...then she kicked me some more and told me to push it through...the Shred definitely tones you up and I incorporated with some light walking for 30 minutes.

I just started doing her Slimdown program which incorporates the Shred and 2 of her other DVDs, No more trouble zone and BFBM. Definitely working me hard!
  • Rocking_Robin
    Rocking_Robin Posts: 238 Member
    I will do Day 6 of level 1 of the shred today, I do not have aches throughout the day but I really feel muscle fatigue as soon as I start the shred...my calves have been hurting with every jump for the last two days, so we will see what it feels like today. Good luck to you!!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    I always add more cardio to 30 Day Shred...it's a great toning workout though.
  • what is the shred ?
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    I'm on level 3 of the shred (day 7) and recently started doing the BFBM every other day as well. As soon as I finish the shred I'm going to start her 30 day slimdown--I feel like the shred definitely works you, but I didn't really see a difference in my weight or measurements on it. I'm more toned, but I'd like to be a smaller more toned as well. I'd incorporate some cardio or something a couple days a week as well if you really want to work hard.
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    I also plan to start her slimdown program in a couple of weeks. I'm going to do the shred and BFBM until my vacation in 2 weeks, then I'm going to start the slimdown. I just don't want it to get interrupted in the middle.
    I just finished BFBM today...killed me, actually killed me...then she kicked me some more and told me to push it through...the Shred definitely tones you up and I incorporated with some light walking for 30 minutes.

I just started doing her Slimdown program which incorporates the Shred and 2 of her other DVDs, No more trouble zone and BFBM. Definitely working me hard!
  • I have done the 30 day shred, and feel like I do not getting anything out of it just doing that alone. Definately need at least 30 minutes of other cardio. I do 60 minutes of cardio everyday, usually the treadmill at an incline. I do the 30 day shred on the days, I am feeling sluggish, or when I am busy and don't have the time for a full hour workout.
  • girl_brett
    Good ideas! I have her other DVD for elimating trouble areas. I definately need to do something else I think!
  • girl_brett
    I will be leaving in 7 days to go on vacation for 9 days so I started it with 10 days till vacation! Was wondering how much of a difference I would notice.

Shred is a DVD by Jillian Michaels which is a 20 minute workout. It includes a warm up and then 3 circuits of 3 minutes of strength training, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of abs! Then followed by a cool down of stretching. Definately a good work out!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    The Shred is awesome for toning up...after 11 days in I toned up and lost weight, I'm going to try her other videos too because I feel like I need more cardio...after the shred I do Walk Away the Pounds most days...I'm getting bored with the shred though but it is effective!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,218 Member
    i agree with needing more cardio. hoever, after a full day at work on my feet constantly up and down stairs and walking i prefer the shred! when im not working i do more cardio based stuff on top of the shred.
This discussion has been closed.