Butter substitute?

Options
2»

Replies

• anovasjo
    anovasjo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I personally like Earth Balance -- no hydrogenated oils, vegan, and made from certified non-GMO ingredients.

Yeah!!!! I love Earth Balance.
    27 calories for a teaspoon is not so bad, either.
  • Cygnia
    Options
    I certainly agree with some of the folks here – butter, specifically organic butter will always be a healthier choice than any food product containing additives, chemicals, and most importantly hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils – which should be banned from the food supply. If you eat butter, it really does need to be organic from grass-fed cows because poor and unethical industrial practices have seriously compromised the quality of meat and dairy products in the U.S. With that said, I do not personally eat much butter because it is hard on my digestion. “Melt” is the only butter substitute I eat – it’s really rich and creamy, organic with a great oil blend, and doesn’t have artificial colors, weird chemicals, or garbage oils. It’s the real deal for great taste and optimal nutrition in dietary fat. You can check them out at www.meltbutteryspread.com. Good luck! Just remember to avoid anything with hydrogenated or partially hydrogenated oils, any ingredients that you don’t understand (i.e., chemicals), and that rely heavily on soybean oil, which is a cheap, junk oil of no nutritional value whatsoever.
  • jwolf04
    Options
    I like I can't believe it's not butter