How do you reward yourself?

Options
I need some ideas on how to reward myself when I reach mini goals.

For those that do do this... Do you set your mini goals for 5, 10, 15, etc. pounds? I am not sure what I need to set mine at, but I need to give myself a little more incentive to get those pounds off.

All your input is welcomed. :happy:

Replies

• SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I love to reward myself with a massage - makes me feel good (and burns calories!)
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm an avid reader so I get myself a new book for each mini-goal, which for me is 5lbs /month.

I also am one that needs a visual reminder not to eat so I am currently wearing like 10 friendship bracelets on my arm (which I HATE!) so I also get to take one off each 5lbs until I am at my final goal (then they will all be off). I find the bracelets work for me because each time I reach to open the fridge/get something out of the cupboard I see them and it reminds me to be good.
  • Suzy12
    Suzy12 Posts: 284
    Options
    I like to do some "me" pampering when I read a goal. Manicure, pedicure, massage (depending on what my checkbook can afford!!). Don't reward with food. You like jewelry? Get yourself a pair of earrings or a ring or necklace. I've even gone as small as a new color nail polish or something from World Market (like a soap or lotion from there).
  • rrberthelot
    Options
    I don't. Having lost 80 lbs *is* a reward.
  • liscar
    liscar Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    when I lose ten more pounds, I'm going to treat myself to a detox body wrap
  • little_grrl_lost
    Options
    booze.
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I also am one that needs a visual reminder not to eat so I am currently wearing like 10 friendship bracelets on my arm (which I HATE!) so I also get to take one off each 5lbs until I am at my final goal (then they will all be off). I find the bracelets work for me because each time I reach to open the fridge/get something out of the cupboard I see them and it reminds me to be good.

This is a really cool idea!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    i usally set my mini goals toward somethign that is coming up in my life--for example my next mini goal is 80 pounds, to be reached by the time we leave on spring break on 2/21. Reward enough! I get to go away and not work!!! After that my next mini reward will be a trip to Chicago that is already planned---I just don't like to spend any extra money that is already being spent for those planned trips. If that makes sense.
  • DaveGlasnost
    DaveGlasnost Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Reward yourself in non-food ways would be my suggestion.

If you are into shoes, a nice new pair. Maybe every time you lose a size, a new outfit?

In general it is best to not center on things like "cheat days" etc. It just makes you pine for bad food all the more as you wait for your bad-food reward.

Funny, come to think of it I really didn't set myself up with any reward plan. Hmm, maybe that PS3 game I always wanted, or some new books or something.

I know one reward I would like to enjoy: being able to go outside and wash my car with no shirt on without being self-conscious.

Edit: Sadly my "reach 200lbs" goal will be very, very far off. I am working on fat conversion to muscle, as I have temporarily "given up" on just plain ole fashioned weight loss. Or, more accurately, for now I am suspending weight loss as a goal and am setting myself up to more rapidly fat-burn later, while trying to build muscle mass and slowly melt fat now.
  • kristiek7
    Options
    My bday is in a few weeks, and for having stuck with this, I'm getting some fabulous new shoes to workout in!!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    I can either buy something for myself, clothes, Jewelry, etc. Or I will allow myself a day trip out of town, a trip going to the movies or somewhere else fun but non-food related in town... I generally set it for every 10 lbs... or sooner if I feel like I need a treat :) lol
  • celeste2u
    Options
    I really like the idea of the bracelets to help you to stay on track. what a great way to remind yourself when you are reaching for the junk. Bravo for you!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    My rewards are in my siggy! They really help to keep me motivated!
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    That is such a great idea!

This is a really cool idea!
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I reward myself by buying a smaller outfit so that I know I won't go back to my loser clothes :)
  • monstertwelve
    Options
    i set mine every 5lbs...and when i reach them...i start off small and gradually the rewards get bigger!

i.e.:
    GW1 - 3rd ear piercing
    GW2 - 4th ear piercing
    GW3 - tragus pierced
    GW4 - eyebrow pierced
    UGW - major tattoo on my side!

i ♥ piercings and tattoos!!!!!
  • kilojoule
    Options
    yes lots of rewards when we reach our goals for me and the wife keep us going.

a few that that we have come up with are

weekend in vegas

all you can eat sushi night

weekend in Yosemite (hiking biking fun!)

very proud of the wifes hard work and dedication over the past few months so i surprised her with an IPAD last weekend.

new wardrobe shopping spree! weee
  • KadieA
    KadieA Posts: 167
    Options
    booze.
    :laugh:
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    Was just watching Heavy last night. Love that show!! They were saying you should NEVER reward yourself with food. Makes sense. Alot of us are here wanting to lose weight for exactly that reason. I have done so well i deserve to have this hamburger and fries or pizza, etc. For me? I love purses!
  • celeste2u
    Options
    I agree that weight loss in itself is the reward, but there are times that I need that extra oomph to get moving.

I love the idea of wearing friendship bracelets, that you can eventually get rid of. I love the idea of getting a massage, or treating yourself to clothing and accessories.

I think that I am going to set my MG at 10 pounds. I am going to treat myself to a manicure, a massage, and so on.

I know that I am one that does not want to spend an exorbitant amount of money on these MG, but I do want to give myself some incentive to keep going.