Question ..

Options
Does your significant other know how much you weigh? I have always been embarrassed for my husband to know how much I weigh. Lately through conversations with friends, I have shared with them my weight or the amount i have to lose but hadn't told my husband. i did talk to him about it last night but was just wondering how many of you share that info with them.

Replies

• BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Of course! He sees me everyday, not like it is a surprise to him:wink:
  • slaos07
    slaos07 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was this way too, but I went to the Dr one day for a back problem (back in November) and my hubby saw the scale....at that point I was 196. He was shocked to say the least. When we met I was 120. After that day I decided that if he still loved me at 196 lbs then I shouldn't be worried about him knowing. And it's nice now to be able to wake up in the morning, weigh myself, and tell him how much I've lost...he's my biggest supporter!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    For some reason, not matter what I weigh, I always tell him I weigh at least a pound less than I really do......not sure why....except for me being slightly mental....
  • Amb1976
    Amb1976 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Yeah, he knows...then he gets mad at me when we fight and uses it against me....BUT IM OKAY WITH THAT...go ahead, lay another log on the fire....
  • sarahTV
    sarahTV Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Yep, he knows my weight, my bra size, my pants/shirt size and my shoes...I cannot imagine keeping it from him...how would I ever get presents if he didn't know these things!?!?!
  • xnattiex
    xnattiex Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I tell my husband how much i weigh, but he is the only person i will tell, the rest can just know how much i have lost!
  • velix
    velix Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yep, he knows my weight, my bra size, my pants/shirt size and my shoes...I cannot imagine keeping it from him...how would I ever get presents if he didn't know these things!?!?!

hahaha! Good Point =)

my partner knows cause ever pound I lose, I am so excite, I run to tell him!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Yep, and I know how much he weighs too. We're using MyFitnessPal together. Even before we started though, it wasn't something I intentionally kept from him... it just didn't come up much because I wasn't weighing myself hehe.
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Oh he knows...he sees me at my naked-est ;) He knows.
  • kimballtracy
    Options
    yup he know... even though it makes me uncomfy for him to know...but i have realized that he still finds me attractive now just as much as he did when i was a size 5....now a size 12.. i weighed 140-145 now i weigh 196....
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I've told him, but he doesn't pay much attention or something.

One day a few weeks ago, I showed him my "If every day were like today" when I logged my food on here, all excited because I'd be at my halfway goal, and he said, "Isn't that more than you weigh now?"

"Uh... no. That's 10 pounds less than I weigh now." :embarassed:
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Yeah, he knows...then he gets mad at me when we fight and uses it against me....BUT IM OKAY WITH THAT...go ahead, lay another log on the fire....

Oh I'd kill him.
  • Sheila_KI
    Sheila_KI Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Nope...he isn't allowed to know....He does know the bra size and doesn't want them to shrink. lol. Basically - he just wants me healthy.
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    I didn't tell my bf for the longest time. I new how much he weighed but I was just plain embarrassed. This year WE are both getting healthy. We each set a weight loss challenge goal and date to meet goal. We have been saving money so the winner get a nice cash prize. I had to tell him my starting weight. Once it was out in the open, it was like all the dirty laundry was aired.

I now have no problem talking to him about my weight or how much I have to loose. He is very supportive and encourages me to do more. Get it out in the open. Be honest or you'll short change your self. Get him on board to be your home support.
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    My girlfriend is smokin' hot...period.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    No he doesn't know. Once I had mentioned something about being around 200lbs, and he looked shocked and disgusted. Apparently I carry it well lol. But he's become very self aware of his growing double chin and man boobs, so there's no way he can throw my chubs in my face when we argue.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Yes he does.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    Yeah, my last boyfriend did, he asked me, lol.

It's not something I would ever feel the need to lie about, why bother? Especially not to someone who must find me attractive, anyhow :S
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    For some reason, not matter what I weigh, I always tell him I weigh at least a pound less than I really do......not sure why....except for me being slightly mental....

Lol.. I do that too :ohwell:
  • CMGemstone
    CMGemstone Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel. i have a hard time telling him what i weigh b/c one-he weighs less then i do and i have a problem with that & two-i am embrassed by how big i have gotten since we have been together. i have told him what i weigh since i started this program, but i couldn't before then. he didn't believe me at first and now every time i loose he is excited for me as well. telling him helped him understand why this is so important for me and it has helped him be more supportive when it comes to buying healthier things and what i need to stay on track.