30 Day Shred Challenge - Week 2 - Sept 8 to 14

Options

Replies

• karabeccasmith
    Options
    Still haven't gotten my DVD from Amazon....grrrr...I paid for fast shipping and that was Thursday before labor day weekend....:grumble: . I really want to do this with you guys :sad: . Okay I got it out of my system.

I just got mine yesterday, so don't feel bad, you're not alone! I did it last night for the first time and let me just say... Jillian was called a whole lot of not-so-nice names...:grumble: But I did it. And it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting -- altho it was plenty bad enough! And the plus side is, I'm not ridiculously sore today, so I know I can go home and do it all over again! I hope yours arrives soon!

Well that makes me feel better. I just e-mailed the seller to ask what was up. I was in Midland the other day and would of bought it there if I'd know it was going to take so long. I like Amazon because they have better prices on DVDs but E-bay is much faster!!!

Well you keep up the good work! If I get mine today or tomorrow then we can compare notes!!
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    I hear you!

I had to order mine from Canada- I won't be getting it till NOVEMBER!!! If there's anyone out there who will still be wanting to shred then, let me know!!

Geez! That stinks! But I will probably be up to doing it with you again!! I am all about shredding some pounds away. I was a total fatty this weekend, I am not even going to get on the scale, I am scared. :blushing:
  • JanCar
    Options
    Still haven't gotten my DVD from Amazon....grrrr...I paid for fast shipping and that was Thursday before labor day weekend....:grumble: . I really want to do this with you guys :sad: . Okay I got it out of my system.

I just got mine yesterday, so don't feel bad, you're not alone! I did it last night for the first time and let me just say... Jillian was called a whole lot of not-so-nice names...:grumble: But I did it. And it wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting -- altho it was plenty bad enough! And the plus side is, I'm not ridiculously sore today, so I know I can go home and do it all over again! I hope yours arrives soon!
    Hi there! You know what's funny? I know I can stop the dvd anytime, but I'm really scared of Jillian.:cry: I'd feel so guilty if I didn't do it . I guess that's a good thing that she is so mean, it seems to really be working so far!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    I was planning to shred today but I walked a lot further than I planned this morning and I have a blister starting on my foot. I will get back to it tomorrow!
  • lovemuffins
    Options
    I started the 30 Day Shred yesterday and I feel great!!! Hope I can keep up with it. I had a two month plateau (along with a weight gain) and I am ready to LOSE!!!
  • Toby
    Toby Posts: 17
    Options
    How are you all logging level 2? I was thinking level 2 was easier than 1 until I got to the last 5 mins :) Surely we are burning more calories as we increase levels? Right? (I hope)
  • AshliColon
    AshliColon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Barefootbabe~

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who will be interested in another shred challenge. I know I will likely want to run another course as I have plenty more weight to lose! :smile:

Let us know when you get your DVD!

--ash
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I did levels 1 and 3 today again. It was great!!!! I burned 413 calories!!!! I rest tomorrow and shred again on Thursday. I will probably do some interval trng tomorrow on the bike and treadmill. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to all the success with the Shred!!!!

To those who have gained and know it is not to do with their eating - it might just be fluid retention from the strength training - don't get discouraged!!!!

Let's have a great week ladies!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

To those who have gained and know it is not to do with their eating - it might just be fluid retention from the strength training - don't get discouraged!!!!

Fluid retention from strength training? Huh? Oh, great-- that's all I need. 'splain!!
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options

Fluid retention from strength training? Huh? Oh, great-- that's all I need. 'splain!!

Hahaha! Okay, so rested muscles are efficient and lean, while muslces that are under stress, or have fibred that have been torn (such as when strength training) the fibre of the muscle retain fluid - sort of like swelling - during time of inflammation. The basic story is that when you are strength training, you retain some extra fluid. You know how guys do push ups right before a date or right before going to the beach, so that they look "bigger" - same kind of principle.

Does that make sense? Just know that when you start strength training (when you weren't previously doing it) you will retain some extra fluid. Not tonnes, but one or two pounds could be explained this way.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Hahaha! Okay, so rested muscles are efficient and lean, while muslces that are under stress, or have fibred that have been torn (such as when strength training) the fibre of the muscle retain fluid - sort of like swelling - during time of inflammation. The basic story is that when you are strength training, you retain some extra fluid. You know how guys do push ups right before a date or right before going to the beach, so that they look "bigger" - same kind of principle.

Does that make sense? Just know that when you start strength training (when you weren't previously doing it) you will retain some extra fluid. Not tonnes, but one or two pounds could be explained this way.

Hmmm-- okay, I'll buy it. So, am I to then guess that drinking more water would be beneficial?
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    Shredded at 5AM--God help me. Thursday will be my 10th day of L3. Not sure what to make my next goal. Maybe L3 and another level later that day after work?
  • natalie424
    Options
    It's been a busy day, and I just got home... staff meeting before school, teaching all day, technology meeting after school, open house after that... right now I am enjoying a glass of wine. I'll be back to Shredding tomorrow! I'm exhausted!
  • allisgood
    allisgood Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Level 2 shred this morning.....thinking of trying level 3 tomorrow......will report then!
    Good luck all.
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I hear you!

I had to order mine from Canada- I won't be getting it till NOVEMBER!!! If there's anyone out there who will still be wanting to shred then, let me know!!

Geez! That stinks! But I will probably be up to doing it with you again!! I am all about shredding some pounds away. I was a total fatty this weekend, I am not even going to get on the scale, I am scared. :blushing:

A total fatty?! Hee hee, I'm sure you weren't that bad!! Though I also reserve my weigh ins till Friday, BEFORE the weekend!! I will let you know when I get the dvd and we can do it together- you can tell me all your wisdom that you've gained from this time around!
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Barefootbabe~

I'm sure there will be plenty of folks who will be interested in another shred challenge. I know I will likely want to run another course as I have plenty more weight to lose! :smile:

Let us know when you get your DVD!

--ash

Thanks Ash! Will definitely let you know- hopefully you can all help me mop up my tears after Jillian makes me cry cause you'll be all experienced and tough!
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    Yeah!! I got my DVD!! :happy: Will be starting tomorrow. I did a fast walk/jog today so I didn't want to over do it! But I can't wait to start shredding tomorrow!!
  • mamakitty
    Options
    I did not shred today because I did strength training at the gym. But I will do level 3 tomorrow.

I am so happy. I got my husband, who doesn't work out, to start doing shred. So it is nice to be able to encourage and the video with him.

Keep shredding.
  • alisha123
    Options
    Today starts my second week. I took one day off and only lost .6 so I know what I have to do... I have to eat better which is my hardest challenge. And I'm going to do this all 7 days like I originally said. I will start level 2 this week also:noway: Have a great week everyone!