Options
    Good info! Thanks for posting!!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    i seen this ysterday on the news.... thanks for sharing
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Has anyone noticed that EVERYTHING causes cancer, strokes, heart attacks.
    I heard last week that changing your underwear causes cancer .... i haven't changed them since.
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Glad I quit them 3 weeks ago :o)
  • kitchenfairy
    Options
    As if that wasn't enough, they are developing newer and more dangerous sweeteners....
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/02/08/neotame-receives-fda-approval-but-is-not-widely-used-yet.aspx

I already don't drink diet and police my labels very carefully but this amazes me.
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    Totally agree! Artificial sweeteners are horrible for you and may even cause you to gain weight
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I heard last week that changing your underwear causes cancer .... i haven't changed them since.

AMEN!!!
  • cecee27
    cecee27 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    So while traveling through San Francisco about 10 years ago I read a sign just through the security check-point that said:

"Drinking bottled water during a flight may cause cancer"

Seriously....is there anything that does not cause cancer? :ohwell:
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I saw this on the news as well. they said 1-2 or was it 3-4 a week might be ok? I used to drink a lot of diet soda, then stopped completely, now if I have any, it is *real*...but only maybe once a month at the most.
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    anything with aspertame is way bad for you, Lots of people have severe alergic reactions to it. All diet sodas are made with it and almost all gums are too. Sugarless candy also. I try to go all natural and stick to the real stuff so my body can process it the way it was meant to. When you drink those artificial sweatners they do not satisfy you craving and end up making you want more. It is a never ending cycle. If you MUST then just have a sip of the real stuff and you will feel better and you will be healthier for it. ARTIFICIAL, why would any one want to eat artificial anything. REAL for me.
  • Sandiweber03
    Options
    lol too funny! I agree!
  • Jessica_Lo
    Jessica_Lo Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    On the Today show they said how inaccurate the report was. I didn't listen to the whole segment but something about the test group were not monitored as they should have been. Like, watching what they're lifestyle was or if they truly had a coke a day etc.

Not that I disagree that you shouldn't have coke in your diet but I hate when they send out reports into the public with out all the data and just freak everyone out.
  • cynthials
    cynthials Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    This article was mentioned on Good Morning America today. They interviewed a doctor about the study and he said not to put much faith into it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartHealth/diet-soda-linked-heart-attack-stroke-risk/story?id=12868269

"One of the many flaws here is that participants were asked about soda intake at only one point in time, when they entered the study," Besser said. "It is difficult to imagine that people's intake of soda is constant during that period."
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options

Hahaha, please change your underwear!!!

But seriously, a lot of our modern food and drink that we've created will cause some sort of illness. They say, if man made it then don't eat it.
  • mccorml
    mccorml Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    being fat also causes heart disease... aka heart attacks and strokes ill take my chances
  • ashleynicoleb
    ashleynicoleb Posts: 376 Member
    Options

SO true. What doesn't cause cancer? Lol, choose your poison.
  • whaggwood
    whaggwood Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, just as some say "you are going to die from something anyway then why not die from something you enjoy". I would rather be safe than sorry because we all know that overconsumption of anything good or bad does not end well. I know some people who drink diet sodas for every meal. I just thought that everyone was on this site "MyFitnessPal" to make their bodies healthier. When saying everything causes cancer is not in line with that frame of mind. Even if you are at your target weight you can still have a stroke or heart condition. Losing weight does not protect you from consuming the wrong type of foods and beverages.

Who knows, "a diet soda a day may lead to a stroke anyway". I am just saying its better to be safe than sorry even if the report may be flawed. :drinker:
  • GiGi76
    GiGi76 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Never had a diet anything... and i stopped drink soda all together a year ago, before that i only had 1 a week or so but never a diet soda!!!
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    anything with aspertame is way bad for you, Lots of people have severe alergic reactions to it. All diet sodas are made with it and almost all gums are too. Sugarless candy also. I try to go all natural and stick to the real stuff so my body can process it the way it was meant to. When you drink those artificial sweatners they do not satisfy you craving and end up making you want more. It is a never ending cycle. If you MUST then just have a sip of the real stuff and you will feel better and you will be healthier for it. ARTIFICIAL, why would any one want to eat artificial anything. REAL for me.
    I agree 100% with you! I don't eat anything with artificial sweeteners in them and you have to check the labels because now they are putting it in things you would never imagine. I use Xylitol as a sweetener and also Stevia.
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    and artificial sweeteners are linked to Migraines. My sister stopped the diet sodas and poof migraine gone!