MFP CRUISE...............!!!!

Options

Replies

• Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Sounds GREAT to me! If we squeeze enough people into a stateroom the cost goes way down. I've never been on a cruise and this would be a wonderful reason to go, not that I need a reason. Miami also sounds terrific. Guess I'd have to get a bathing suit....hmmm...
    Let's pursue this. What a brainstorm! :laugh:
  • Sparklewolfie
    Options
    Haha that sounds like it would be fun! But it would cost me over US$1000 because I'd have to buy a plane ticket first :tongue:
  • Neliel
    Neliel Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do something like this! Been wondering myself how we could get everyone together lol!
  • shanamalena
    Options
    Great idea, but cruises are NOT cheap (unless you're looking somewhere I'm not). Cruises are $500-$800 per person. That's pretty expensive to me. Not that I don't love cruises.

its only like 200 to 300 a person if you get 4 people and cram into a porthole room the week i went on the cruise i was only in the room like 2 hours a night

Yeah the portholes can have 3-4 people in them.......lol If its too crowded I will go sleep by the pool....!! lol
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well, it seems to me that the folks in charge of MFP could probably contact one of the cruiselines... and make it a promotion from within this website... they could charter the boat (of course then we'd buy our tickets to cover those charges) then theycould ask some key speakers to come and do a motivational whatever... they could have success story q & a... different workout themes on different decks so we can all get our style of workout in with a trainer perhaps to relight our fires or show us a new way... or to try something completely new and out of your comfort zone!

This is not out of the realm of possibilites! And think, if we each brought 1 non MFP, how many would be new found supporters!!??
  • ♥Violette♥4Ever♥
    Options
    Great idea, but cruises are NOT cheap (unless you're looking somewhere I'm not). Cruises are $500-$800 per person. That's pretty expensive to me. Not that I don't love cruises.

How about an all inclusive resort?
  • shanamalena
    Options
    Well you know for the people that might be a little harder to come up with the money.....that it dont have to be anytime soon. It could be next summer. And If MFP came up with something that they can do, Im sure it would take some time anyways for it to be all figured and worked out.

But even if you cant seem to get the money together in a year or whatever......This should be somthing that MFP should continue to do. Not just a one time deal. And Im sure not everyone can do every single trip all the time, so therefore it is good to keep having them from time to time. :bigsmile:

And for the people who are not in the U.S ...then maybe you can set up something in your area, whatever is convenient for you. Or just wait till you can go to one.

But i Love this idea. Myself I wouldnt even care if it was a handfull of people.....:bigsmile:
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    FANTASTIC IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NicolePatriot
    NicolePatriot Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm innnnnnn.
  • ally1385
    Options
    Count me in! Cruises are so much fun!
  • Ben2118
    Ben2118 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    can it swing by the UK and pick a few of us up?? lol

Would be great holiday, everyone sat at the dinner tables with there phones out logging there food!! haha I can just picture it now! Bet they have never seen a queue form to access a gym on a cruise ship either!! lol
  • AmyJopp
    AmyJopp Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    IM IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOOT WHOOT
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    It would cost me considerably more to get there from sunny old England! :smile:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I think this is a fantastic idea! Count me in I would prefer the cruise over New York.
  • hyoung3
    hyoung3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to go to Vegas or on a cruise.

My wife has been wanting to do NYE in NYC.

We both really like this idea.... keep me posted !!
  • happinessblossoms
    happinessblossoms Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I'll be in Vegas in December for the Rock n Roll marathon and half marathon. Cruises are cool, but I can do without NY.

I plan on doing this too!!! :o)
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have two cruises booked back to back in January 2012..thats one of my main reasons I am on here coz I sure aint buying another cruise wardrobe..i NEED to fit those dresses:bigsmile:
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Awesome idea! I would totally be in for something like that!
  • twogoots
    twogoots Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I'd love to do a 3-5 day cruise like this. I'll keep a watch on this thread. I agree that maybe one of the MFP admins could possibly contact a cruise line to at least get info on how to book at a group discounted rate and I bet the cruise line would jump at the opportunity to host.
  • VBos
    VBos Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Neliel - I LOVE your ticker!! I'm gonna start saying that to myself on a daily basis!!
    "the cake is a lie, the cake is a lie..."
    love it!