Shrimp
Vegetables
Brown Rice
Cantonese Sauce

Replies

• MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Put all the ingred. into the Recipe Calculator (tab under FOOD) and see what it gives you! You have the info from the pkg's, and the amounts you are using of each item. It's a GREAT tool to use.
  • cjfoster
    Options
    If you are making it at home--then look on the packages for the servings and etc information. If you are eating out...the best thing to do is as the restaurant if they have that information for you. Keep in mind that eating out will have more fat and calories than if you prepare it at home. I hope this helps.
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    Use the recipe feature, input your ingredients with their actual measurements, and divide by the number of servings.
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much of each ingredient. If you click on the FOOD tab and use the recipe tool you can get a good nutrition total.
    Just by eyeballing it though, I'd say its gonna be pretty low- brown rice will be the big boy as far as calories go.
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    No Nutritional Information...got it at the local grocery store cafe...

Hmmmm....
  • MissChelleBelle
    MissChelleBelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    No Nutritional Information...got it at the local grocery store cafe...

Hmmmm....

Maybe try to guestimate how much of each ingredient is in it? That's a tough one!
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Boy that's a loaded question.

Is it homemade or from a restaurant?

The amount of oil used makes the biggest difference. You can make an extremely light stir fry at home with the listed ingredients, but in a restaurant is deadly.
  • polar5554
    Options
    There was a couple turns of the pan as far as oil goes...I was gonna tell them "light on the oil"...but before i knew it, she had already started.
  • polar5554
    Options
    Here is a picture...

98d4b5c4.jpg
  • polar5554
    Options
    I added 342...Think that is OK?
  • Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I dont know.. But that looks delish... Yum -O
  • Cbaker5156
    Cbaker5156 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I dont know.. But that looks delish... Yum -O
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I would guess that is low- the brown rice its self is like 200 a cup....and it looks like a bunch here. 1 tbsp of most oil is 120.. which is once around most skillets...sorry.

Edited to reflect calories in brown rice, I over estimated then checked the database.
  • polar5554
    Options
    You think 500???
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    It's likely higher than you think, if only because of the sauce and oil. There's likely around 3/4-1cup of brown rice, 1/2 cup of mixed veggies, and probably 1/2 serving of protein. Search the database for a standard Cantonese stirfry sauce - they likely used at least 3-4Tbsp of it. I can't really tell the size of the container, but try your best to estimate, and don't fret too much about being exact. We can't control everything.

Next time - Pack your own lunch so you know exactly what's in it! :happy: