chicken wats your favourite dishes?

Options
i eat quite a lot of chicken cooked in many different ways, my favourite of all time is and has to be sweet and sour chicken.

The recioe is simple, by a jar of weight watchers sweet and sour and add the following:-

1 raw onion finely sliced
1 red pepper finely sliced
8 large mushrooms cut into quarts
1 tablespoon of garlic pepper
1 1/2 tablespoons of cayenne pepper
1 mild red chilli
4 garlic cloves

and for the pasta

any amount of rice you prefer, i usually take 120g, as i need the carbs for exercising
1tablespoon of turmeric for colouring.

love this mixture!!

Replies

• Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!

I always need new chicken ideas. I like to marinade in lemon juice and add some rosemary or savory.

I am also a fan of chicken pad thai, but I have not found a low cal/ healthy recipe yet.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    112 g Chicken
    85 g Spinach
    56 g Salsa
    Red Peppers
    Black Peppers
    Salt Substitute
    0 Calorie Butter

edit:
    Sometimes I'll throw in rice, broccoli, and/or a 3 pepper and onion blend.
  • Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This is easy to make. And you can get light mayo.

LOW CAL BROILED FISH

Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1717,152167-234207,00.html
    Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.

2 lb. fillets catfish or flounder
    Salt & pepper
    1/2 onion
    1 tbsp. mayonnaise
    2 tsp. yellow mustard
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Salt and pepper lightly on both sides of fish and place in greased baking pan. Slice onions very thin and separate rings and sprinkle over fish.
    In separate bowl mix together the rest of the ingredients. Spoon over fish fillets. Place pan under broiler until small black spots begin to appear on sauce. No need to turn fillets over. Serves 4-6. 125 calories per serving.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Thanks! :)

My favorite is SO easy! I put 6 chicken breasts in the crock pot with a jar of HOT salsa. Cook for 8 hours. Around 7 hours, pull the chicken apart with two forks. When it's done, it is SO good and seasonful!

We either put it in a whole wheat bun with a little cheese or sour cream so we have pulled chicken sandwiches, or we put it in wraps with black beans, lettus, and whatever else we have around. Or I will put it over a salad. SO good!
  • WhiteStar2351
    Options
    I actually prefer turkey to chicken as its a little healthier but a common meal for me is:

140g turkey (or chicken)
    handful of chopped:
    - peppers
    - broccoli
    - mushrooms
    30g organic peanut butter

All above cooked together

150g potato (cubed/chipped/quartered)
    1 cal spray

- herbs, salt and pepper to taste
  • GinaJ2006
    Options
    I love to just slice it up and stir fry it with different veggies, especially bell peppers since it's one of the few fresh veggies my daughter likes. Add an 8 oz. block of neufchatel cheese or fat free cream cheese and a tablespoon of basil pesto. Toward the end of cooking add a package of fresh baby spinach and cook just until wilted. It's awesome. Even my husband liked it.
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Salsa Chicken and Potato Packets

4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    2 cups of salsa (I add a little more than that)
    2 potatoes (I use sweet potatoes instead)

Preheat oven to 350 F. Chop up the potatoes. Grill or cook the chicken breasts thoroughly. Chop up the chicken breasts. Mix together in large bowl all the potatoes/sweet potatoes and chicken pieces. Put 1/2 cup salsa (less or more is acceptable) on top of mixture in aluminum foil. Fold over edges to where no holes are showing. Put all on cookie sheet. Bake for 45 minutes.

These things are amazingly delicious!
  • GinaJ2006
    Options

My favorite is SO easy! I put 6 chicken breasts in the crock pot with a jar of HOT salsa. Cook for 8 hours. Around 7 hours, pull the chicken apart with two forks. When it's done, it is SO good and seasonful!

We either put it in a whole wheat bun with a little cheese or sour cream so we have pulled chicken sandwiches, or we put it in wraps with black beans, lettus, and whatever else we have around. Or I will put it over a salad. SO good!

I had something else planned for my chicken, but I have tortillas and I'm going to do this tonight! Thanks :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Chicken stir fry is my fave. Tonight I'm going to make Chicken and Broccoli (Beef and Broccoli recipe).
  • tonisteedley
    Options
    I have a good one as well:

Stuffed bell peppers in the crock with Ground chicken breast:

1 lb ground chicken breast
    1/2 onion chopped
    1 green bell pepper chopped
    1 tbl minced garlic
    2 jars low sugar spaghetti sauce ( or make your own)
    4 whole bell peppers ( any color you like)
    1-1/2 cups of whole grain rice ( whatever you prefer)

Take the ground chicken breast, onion, 1 chopped green pepper,garlic and cook in a pan.
    In the mean time cook your rice.
    Clean out your 4 peppers and place them in the crockpot.

When ground chicken is done and rice is done mix together the rice and ground chicken and 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce.
    Place the remaining 4 bell peppers in the crockpot and fill with the mixture.
    Then add the remianing 1-1/2 jars a spaghetti sauce over the bell peppers,
    cook fo 6-8 hrs.

This is a recipe you can really play with. I have even omitted the rice for more chicken, mushrooms. You could probably throw just about any thing in there. Hope you guys enjoy.

oh and this is great to prep the night before work and put in fridge and stick in the crockpot the next morning. Dinner is done when you get home and it is HEALTHY !!!!
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken breasts alone or sliced and put with anything....stir fry with fresh veggies, on top of my salad, on sandwhich thins, with salsa and/or tomatoes on whole wheat noodles, homemade/baked chicken nuggets, added to chili, used in wraps... yummo, love chicky!
  • Tomhusker
    Tomhusker Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Garlic & tomato Chicken & Pasta
    2 chicken breast cubed
    4 Roma tomatoes cut into small cubes
    4 garlic cloves, crushed
    1 med chopped onion
    1 tsp basil
    1 cup chicken broth
    6 oz Angel hair pasta

Cook tomatoes, onions and garlic together until tomatoes are reduced down, add in browned chicken breast, simmer for 15 minutes. Add in broth when needed.
    Serve over angel hair pasta.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Monster Moose Meatballs...

Ground Moose Meat - 2lbs

Great Value Turkey Stuffing - 1 box

Chili powder - what ever you think necessary

water - 1 cup

Salsa

Just mix everything but the salsa together

Make big meatballs and put them in a muffin tin

put holes in the top with your thumb

Spoon salsa into the holes

bake at 450 for 45 minutes

only 219 calories per meatball~
  • lilRicki
    Options
    lol I'm sick of chicken sorry guys...thought I'd toss another recipe in there
  • reesepieces
    reesepieces Posts: 253 Member
    Options

Ground Moose Meat - 2lbs

water - 1 cup

Salsa

Where do ya get moose meat...besides from a moose?
  • bigskinner
    Options

Ground Moose Meat - 2lbs

water - 1 cup

Salsa

can you get moose in northern ireland, as far as i am concerned thats unheard of lol
  • lilRicki
    Options
    sorry guys I have no idea, you might want to google it...I get it straight from Grandpa's garage...I have deer meat too lol...and it's WAY healthier for you than beef. There has to be some specialty stores, I know that elk is getting farmed now...there's a couple of farms here that sell the elk meat right out their door. and that's really good for you too...
  • jag325
    jag325 Posts: 11
    Options

Have you tried it with a mild salsa? I'm not into spicy foods so I'm wondering if the taste would be different and if I would need to add any seasonings. Also, I am not a good cook so I like the easy recipes!
  • icandoityesican
    Options
    buMb
  • noelliott4
    Options
    We make chicken in a cast iron skillet.
    1 can of dark red kidney beans
    1 cup brown rice
    1 or 2 large green peppers
    4 skinless chicken breast
    low fat cheese.

I cook the chicken in the skillet until it is mostly cooked. I then add the rice ( cooked) and other ingredients. Its kind of just a hodge podge of things that I had around. It is really very tasty.