I just started today.

Options
Hi everyone! A friend just gave me the website for this and I am excited to be a part of it. I have went up and down in weight for 20 plus years. It has always been a struggle. I will workout for a little while and then I get burnt out and stop. I hate to be on a diet because as soon as I hear that I want to eat everything under the sun. lol I look forward to supporting others and also receiving support back.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Yep, I hate diets too that is why this time I chose to make overall health changes. The word "diet" has a beginning an end, changing my health is ongoing-its forever.
  • scmusicbiz
    scmusicbiz Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. I also joined today, and it's been a very positive experience so far. I wish you all the same, and more.
  • kimistry35
    kimistry35 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to the site. i'm kimistry and i'm3 weeks into the program..:flowerforyou:
  • cbrumadge
    Options
    Good luck! I set up my account but I have not truly stayed on it! I have not been eating my best but its cool to know that even if you are not eating your best you can continue to calculate what you and you exercise and aspire to do better. YOU CAN DO IT!:happy:
  • cbrumadge
    Options
    Hi Kimistry. How has the site worked out for you thus far
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    welcome to a great place!! I have been a member about 3 weeks & so far so good, but like you I do good for a while & then fail. I am hoping that will NOT happen. I find this site very helpful & a lot of great support out there & we ALL need that. Feel free to add me if you would like & we can support each other! Kelly
  • amarie35
    amarie35 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Hello Jade & welcome to MFP! I have been a member for almost 2 weeks & I LOVE it! I've always had the same problem that you have. My weight goes up & down more than yoyos! Although, after the age of 30, it has been going up more than down . My metabolism isn't quiet as fast as it was it my younger years. I'm now 35 & I'm trying to get back down to the weight that I was after I had my 1st child. I still have like 9 pounds to go, but if I happen to lose more in the process, I won't complain. MFP has really helped me in watching what I eat & paying attention to the calories & the fat that I consume daily. All I can say is to stay positive, log in everyday, & try to stay either @ your calorie goal or not far from it & I'm sure you will get the results that you are so willing to get. Good luck!
  • rebecca_goss0
    Options
    Good afternoon, I too just started today on this site. I like it so far. I love the tracking of food!