any equine enthusists or farm folk

Options
bridred8
bridred8 Posts: 10 Member
I am fairly new here and looking to meet a few people. I have horses and enjoy trail riding and competing in reined cow horse. I also grew up and live on a farm. I am a big outdoor person anything from snow shoeing to gardening.

Replies

• Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Grew up,and still live on a small (115 acres) dairy farm.
    The cows are long gone,just grow hay now which feeds many local horses. :smile:
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I rode horses competitively (English show-jumping and dressage) for about 8 years and miss it SO much!!
  • plainjoe81
    plainjoe81 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Worked horse rescue for a good part of the last year, mostly cleaning stalls.
  • heinze57
    Options
    Grew up on a ranch in Wyoming. "My favorite saying is you can take the girl out of the country but you can't take the country out of the girl. "

good Luck
  • bridred8
    bridred8 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    It is so sad to see so many dairy farms sit empty. I grew up on a crop farm (1000 acers with rented ground), but spent a lot of time on the neighbors dairy farm.
  • ezspur
    Options
    Hello from SW Iowa! Riding, training & conditionings horses & mules for CTR, LD & Endurance riding IS MY PASSION!!
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Grew up working on farms in KS (lived in a small town of 400 people), now live in the city, Yuck, in Colorado, really miss the country life. Rodeoed a little (very little) but always had friends with horses. Lived and worked on a big ranch in Texas just out of High School, that was a blast. ANyhow good to have you here.
  • CarolynGSilva
    CarolynGSilva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yes, indeed. Horses are my passion. More into thoroughbred racing (fan, not owner), but enjoy most anything to do with horses. Just retired last month and hoping to get to the barn more often.
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I love across from cows, does that count? LOL. We have 3.5 acres that in a few years we want to raise cows and pigs for our own food. My husband does work on a farm part time during the busy seasons.

My daughters room is covered in hourse pics, she would so love to have a horse
  • CarolynGSilva
    CarolynGSilva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like that saying, too. Also this one: There is nothing wrong with the inside of a person that can't be cured by lots of contact with the outside of a horse.
  • uptonia
    Options
    Yup! I have a draft cross and am working to do hunter/jumper with him. Welcome to MFP :)
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I have been riding horses since I was 5. Competed in Show jumping and such until I was 16. Sold my horses to have my kids when I was 21 and 4years later still trying to make time to start up again!! I would love to live on a ranch or farm just riding and training horses all day!!
  • ProudMomoftwo
    Options
    I am fairly new here too ( just a week in ) and we also have horses and trailride.
    My husband & I both grew up on farms. Him on a hog farm and me on a recreational farm ( we had EVERYTHING) but we always had horses. Both my parents were horse crazy and competed.
    My husband & I have 16 acres now and 4 spoiled horses and a full-figured indoor cat.
    My horses are my therapy.
    LOL:flowerforyou:
    Good to see others with the same passions in here and welcome to MFP
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Yep I have a over grown pony. Rode hunter/jumpers/equitation in Illinois for 15 years before moving to Australia and now compete in Dressage and show jumping.

I'd be lost without horses, they keep me sane and its the bit of me time everyday :)