The Ban soda from your body team!

Options

Replies

• maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    now do you guys drink coffee? i could give up soda but i don't think i can give up my coffee as easily. i only drink 1 cup 2-3/week but i sure love it!
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    I've pretty much replaced soda with water and feel so much less bloated!
  • erniemj
    erniemj Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    No soda and very very little coffee for about 4 weeks now - I feel sooooo much better! I used to feel like I needed caffeine to wake up everyday - but now that I am tracking food/calories and being more wise about my food choices, I have more energy and don't feel so tired all the time!
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    Ok...so this is my plan (GULP)...down to 1 can of soda today. 1/2 a can tomorrow and (OMG) that's it. So by the weekend, I am soda free. Wish my husband and children luck people! I'll be fine...I worry about them. I get grumpy when I give up soda and have wonderful headaches!
  • aaronvan
    aaronvan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    10 yrs ago I started getting terrible vertigo daily, it continued for 4 years and after 11 doctors no one had any help for me. It wasn't until a friend told me to look up the link between aspartame and vertigo that I was finally put on the right path. I drank a lot of diet soda and after 3 months of keeping clean I started to clear up. Chemical sweeteners are also linked to migraines and loads of other problems. Even if you don't have problems now do the research and you will see the effects it can have on you in the long run. A special note for all those trying to lose weight... diet sodas will not help, besides the negative effects of the sweeteners they actually drive hunger, the more you drink the more you'll want to eat which of course is the problem we all have. It's been long and hard but the vertigo was worse than not having the soda or sweets. Hopefully that gives one more reason to let it go.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    This can of Coke Zero I'm drinking right now will be my last. I will still have 1-2 cups of plain coffee a week.
    Just last night there was a story about diet soda and chances of stroke. They didn't pinpoint the exact thing that was the cause though.
  • aaronvan
    aaronvan Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Another note... the only sweetener other than sugar that has never given me problems is Stevia, there is a huge product launch going on in the stevia market right now, some of the new products I have had reactions to. Only the pure unprocessed stevia products from whole foods, chamberlains or GNC have worked for me. I use a liquid in a dropper which is really convenient especially in cold beverages like unsweet tea.
  • irishgal44
    irishgal44 Posts: 1,181 Member
    Options
    This can of Coke Zero I'm drinking right now will be my last. I will still have 1-2 cups of plain coffee a week.
    Just last night there was a story about diet soda and chances of stroke. They didn't pinpoint the exact thing that was the cause though.

Sounds like we are quitting together!! Good luck!

I saw a human brain in one of my college classes of a man who suffered a stroke (which ultimately killed him). It's very alarming to see what a stroke does to the outside of the brain!!
  • RatBoyGL
    RatBoyGL Posts: 100
    Options
    Weird thing is, I don't feel like I am "addicted" to Soda.

What I AM addicted to, however, is drinking something besides water when I eat food.

For some reason, I feel I need something with flavor to wash food down with and I don't know why.

I only drink 2 cans of Diet Coke a day, one with lunch and one with dinner.

But I could try this and see how it goes. I have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
  • trishdoran
    Options
    Years ago I stopped drinking soda and added a 5 mile walk a day - dropped 25 lbs in 6 months. I now will occasionally have a coke but don't crave it. I actually prefer water to anything sweetened. Drink 1 cup of coffee in the morning and then rarely have caffeine the rest of the day(must admit it is a 3-4 shot espresso with hot water and 1/2 and 1/2 that I brew at home - so a whopping dose of "joe").
  • CelticWarrior
    Options
    now do you guys drink coffee? i could give up soda but i don't think i can give up my coffee as easily. i only drink 1 cup 2-3/week but i sure love it!

Im a firm believer coffee is not bad for you, now what you put in your coffee can make it bad ............:happy:
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    You should get hooked on something like tea or a juice thats low in sugar, HFCS, calorise, and artifisal flavors!
  • LMPRF97
    Options
    This is so cool reading through these i noticed that i kinda urged people to quit and changed there lives!:smile::smile: The thing is with coffee is what you put in it if you putting a crud load of sugar and creamer it makes it 100 times worse so I would suggest useing agave its a all natural sweeten (not that sugar isnt) that has less calories and is acually better for you and a light creamer or skim milk! But if you NEED that sugar and dont want to get it from candy or sweets make this resipe!
    What you will need.
    Frozen strawberrys (6)
    1 tsp of agave or 2tsp of sugar
    and maybe a dolup of whip cream.
    Put the strawberrys in a bowl and microwave for 1min then take out and with a fork genly smosh them this the juice kinda flow out. Nexa add the sugar of agave and place in microwave for 30secs and take out. Now place them in the freezer for 10-20min or util cold to the touch, take out and smash them if needed more. Now you should have a chunky soupy desert! Its aually about 66 calories! Its perfect for a late night treat too!:flowerforyou:
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    Hello , My name is Aid and I'm a "Cokeaholic" it's now been 3 1/2 weeks wince my last soda :happy:

Now headache and craving free
  • rnd789
    rnd789 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Gave up soda for new years. After a few weeks of really struggling with cravings, they finally went away. Now I mostly drink water, and I can already tell the difference it's making. I didn't lose any weight (I only ever drank diet) but I feel so much less BLOATED all the time. I also don't get headaches as often, and my body just feels better overall. I never thought I'd be able to stop, but now I never want to start again!
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Already had a few setbacks. But So far today I haven't had a single soda.
  • prettypink09
    prettypink09 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For the past 12 daysl... I've only had water, and a cup of milk.. I also join;; BAN SODA FROM MY BODY!
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Before starting MFP, I would have to get a soft drink anytime we went out for mexican food or pizza--I'd even get refills. Since I've started MFP, I have found it very easy to give up sodas. I don't like the after-taste of diet sodas, and I would much rather eat my calories than drink them. I have had 2 sodas since the middle of November, and I can honestly say I could have lived without them. :happy:
  • jubeli
    Options
    Sugar is the enemy. I banned all sodas, choclates, just candy in general and I have no need for it. It only took like 4 days to not even crave it any more.
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I've given soda a mostly ban. I will drink Sprite once in a while- as in once every two months or so I'll find myself at a restaurant and want something sweet and bubbly. Even then I end up getting water with it and only drinking about half of the drink because by then, I'm satisfied on sugar and bubbly and can't drink any more even if I wanted to. Once every few months in a very sparing quantity isn't going to do any harm and that's really only how often I want a drink of it. Anything more than that and I can't stand it.

Fast food however has got a solid ban, I haven't touched it for a good 5 years or so. I tried eating fast food after I'd not touched it for a year and it made me sick. --* Can't eat it now even if I wanted to. I can't complain though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!