Small success, but a success all the same!!!!

Options
jlmnk1313
jlmnk1313 Posts: 207 Member
I just felt the need to share with everyone out there that has just started on their weightloss jouney that they can do it! I have about 100 lbs to lose and I have reached 19.8 lbs in only 5 weeks!!!!!

I never imagined that logging my food and excercise would make such a huge change!!!!! Sorry if this seems like a small success to some but for those of us that have SO much to lose I felt maybe this would help inspire someone!!!!! Hope this helped in someway!

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I would not be calling that a small success more like a big one, be proud of your accomplishments big and small, the longest journey starts with the first step, so keep going and be proud of them all.
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thank you very much and I am very proud but I have a long road ahead still to travel!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you are doing awesome girl!! keep it going!!:flowerforyou:
  • melissatacker
    melissatacker Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I also have a large amount of weight to lose and only started 15 days ago and I am so proud that I have lost 10 lbs already! Any loss is a success and you should be proud :smile:
  • jimmydeanbakker
    Options
    This is a big deal. I can't wait to see your face when you hit the 50 pound mark. I'm excited about this.
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I totally agree, I just started in january and find the support and encouragement of people here great. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I love mfp, in fact, I used to be on facebook often now I am on Mfp much more. :smile: Good luck to you, you seem to be on the right track, the weight loss track! :happy:
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Right there with ya!! It is INCREDIBLE to find something that works!! Congrats on your loss!!
  • Ddavis1967
    Ddavis1967 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    WOW! That is really impressive. It is so hard to get started and stick to a plan and your first 20 pounds is AWESOME. I have a long way to go too....and every pound i lose is a blessing. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • TLRAAB
    TLRAAB Posts: 16
    Options
    Good for you! Looks like we started about the same time and have about the same amount to lose. You're doing better than I am, but it is so much harder to get off as you age. At 53, I know I can't lose like I could in my 20's, so I know it's going to be a long road. However, I lost 35 pounds last year and it only took me about 3 months to gain it all back. It SOOOO wasn't worth it! This time I have a community to support me and plan to get off the yo-yo for good. Even if it takes me 10 YEARS to lose it all - I think where I would be now if I'd only had this mind set 10 years ago... One step at a time. It doesn't matter if it's a big step or a little step.
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel! I also have a large amount of weight to lose and only started 15 days ago and I am so proud that I have lost 10 lbs already! Any loss is a success and you should be proud :smile:

Congrats on the 15 days and the 10 lbs!!!! WTG!!!! I am very proud!!! But it still feels small in the big scheme! lol
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    This is a big deal. I can't wait to see your face when you hit the 50 pound mark. I'm excited about this.

I am excited as well and I can't wait to hit the 50 lb mark!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    You are doing such a great job! I smile & cheer for you every single day. I have no doubt that you have the ability to achieve your goal. I'll do my best to try and not tempt you with BK entries in my food diary. ;-)

Best of everything to you!
    D.
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    I totally agree, I just started in january and find the support and encouragement of people here great. Everyone is so nice and helpful. I love mfp, in fact, I used to be on facebook often now I am on Mfp much more. :smile: Good luck to you, you seem to be on the right track, the weight loss track! :happy:

I am on here more than facebook as well! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Total congratulations!! No success is too small to share. It keeps us going. Best of luck for the rest of your journey.
  • freska1181
    freska1181 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    you are doing fantastic! Keep it up!
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    You are doing such a great job! I smile & cheer for you every single day. I have no doubt that you have the ability to achieve your goal. I'll do my best to try and no

t tempt you with BK entries in my food diary. ;-)

Best of everything to you!
    D.

THANK YOU ! And too true on the BK food!!!! :)
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!!! I love the support on here!!!!
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I love to hear about any success, it makes mine seem more possible!
  • Caribbean_Soul
    Caribbean_Soul Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You should be very proud. Keep up the good work.

Vickie

2397855.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • jlmnk1313
    Options
    THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!