Newbie wants friends

Options
:smile:

Hi I've been wanting to lose weight since I gave birth. Well, come to think of it since I was younger but somehow I ended up yoyo dieting. Trying everything then giving up after a few months. So today I would like to really do it you know. Just keep it going till I lose enough weight and fit into medium or small sized clothes. Why is it so difficult? Ugh, I tried all the exercises but I'm starting again today. So I need some friends, successful ones or newbies who I can talk to or check on my progress to see if I'm really doing it. I lack staying power.

Replies

• Mrs_Deeds
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!! I find some days I am seriously lacking motivation. We're here for you!! I just started this myself so we can be newbies together!! You can do this!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome... Friends on here are a great motivator.. so pls feel free to add me if you like :)
  • EllyK09
    Options
    Same! We all need that extra motivation! Good luck getting started!
  • jentaylor412
    Options
    good luck add me if you like..I'm new also this is my 2nd week.
  • Nemlein
    Nemlein Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being determined to stick with it! It's so much easier when you've got the support of this place! Good luck on your goals :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I definitely know how you feel too. It's hard to get started, but for me it's just time for some results. I can't keep going the way I am anymore. I've only been on here about two weeks, but have lost 4 pounds already! I can already feel my pants getting loose! We can do this! Two great magazines I got recently that should still be on the stands are Oxygen Magazine collectors issues called "Fat Loss" and "Get off the Couch!" They have great exercises in them, tips, great recipes. I am going to get a subscription to Oxygen as well. I like it A LOT better than some of the other fitness magazines which seem more about beauty than health! Add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • gt45891
    Options
    My Strategy: High complex carbs (~65%) w/low glycemic index; Low fat but maximize mono and polyunsaturated fats; high fiber -30-50g daily; absolutely positively NO empty calories; sodium restriction <1500mg/day:...all packaged in 800kcal to 1100 kcal per day.

It's heresy, -but it sings to the tune of 0.83 pounds lost per day over a 38 day period.

3504358.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • tinkbell50
    tinkbell50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm pretty new here too. I have lost 9 pounds so far. I LOVE this program. I love that I can look up the foods I eat on my ipod, even when I don't have internet access. I also like that popular resturants are listed in the food index. It has really helped me see how much I should be eating and not over doing it. I need to lose a lot so I hope this works. Looking for friends and support. :)
  • funnythunder
    Options
    Hi there!

This is my 4th week (I think!! lol) and this site is great. I am always happy to have more friends to help and encourage so feel free to add me!

Lxx
  • 008Lizzy
    008Lizzy Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    HI there, I have only been here a few days, but so feel the support already!
  • missie21
    missie21 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I have not to long started my journey... could always us friends that support..... if any one need support friend me .... we can keep each other going in the right direction......