Anyone training for a half?

Options
Hi All,

I'm new to my fitness pal, and am training to do a half Marathon in June. I'm following the Hal Higdon novice plan.

Just wondering if there was anyone doing something similar and we could support one another!

Good luck to all!

BorderMommy

Replies

• RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I'll be running my second in June (San Diego Rock and Roll), though I technically don't start training until March. I use a schedule that one of our local running groups created. I used it for my first half in October of last year and it works very well for me.

I'll send you a friend request.
  • KatherineVictoria
    Options
    I'm training to run my second half marathon in May! I'm following my own training schedule... Hoping to get a better time this year! Happy training to you! Keep it up :)
  • RaeannePemberton
    RaeannePemberton Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i did hal's plan last summer... loved it!

i'm finishing up month two of insanity now but in 3 weeks will get back into my running routine. i will do at least one half this summer and hopefully a full. also doing a 15k in there somewhere with many 5ks. :)
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Not yet, working on the Bridge to 10K here, but will look at working toward a half after that...thinking sometime later this year. Good luck with your training, I'm going to check out the program you are doing when my times comes!
  • crissimoyer
    Options
    I have done the KC Half 2 years in a row now. It's in October so my training will start in June probably. We kinda follow our own plan but as long as you get those long runs in & a couple weekday runs you should be fine!! Feel free to friend me...I"m on Facebook as well
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    If it's your first, good luck! I"m currently training for a 15k and a 10 miler. I may add on a half marathon at the end of April or early May, but I haven't decided yet....it would me my 3rd if I do.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    my first half-marathon is june 5! i am excited, but nervous. :) i haven't picked a training plan yet but i've heard good things about hal's novice plan. good luck!
    dawn
  • ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm training for one in October. A 8K in april and a 10K in July!
  • hjsyndrome
    Options
    I am as well. But mine is in April. I am off to a slow start in my training so I may need to move the half marathon back a month or two. But for now I am keeping it for the April run. Good luck.
  • slapera
    Options
    I am training for the San Diego Rock N Roll Half Marathon (June 5) using Hal's training program. I start first of March.
  • mouthofthesouth
    mouthofthesouth Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I did Hal's plan last summer for my first half and loved it! You will do just fine and if you follow his plan, you will definately finish with a smile on your face :-)
    I start training next week for the GreenBay Half Marathon in May. So excited and I am hoping to beat my time from last year. My goal last year was to just finish the race but this year I want to finish under 2hours.
    Best of luck and keep running!
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    I'm running another half next weekend and use the runnersworld.com training plans :-) welcome to the running community!
  • almyers7
    almyers7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I train pretty much all year but reduced milage in the winter months. I hate running in the bitter cold so I have to run on the treadmill. I have run 5 half since last March. My next one is in coming up in April then I have one pretty much every month but July. I didnt stick with one training plan I used a few for guidelines and then created my own. I run about 20 to 30 miles a week and do turbo kickboxing or spin class also.

good luck

where's your race? My next large one is in NY at Lake Placid.
  • JenniferAutumn
    JenniferAutumn Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I am running a half on Sunday. Can't wait. I love half's! It is my favorite distance!
    I am using this as a training run as I am training for Boston.

Good Luck- You are going to feel so great crossing that finish line. It is such a accomplishment! :smile:
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yep I am doing the novice training through Hal Higdon for my half marathon in May. So far so good! Feel free to add me for questions or support.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Hal's 5K then transitioning into his half program (both novice) for my half in September!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I am currently using HH for a full this may. But I used his progam last year to do my first half. I'm going to probably run a couple more halfs before the end of the year. They take up much less time to train for compared to a full.
    Good luck.
  • mollymoo89
    Options
    I'm currently using HH training program for my second half marathon in March!
  • meg427
    Options
    I just started training for a half... Now I need to find one to sign up for! I looked up Hals plan and I am going to start the novice plan this coming week.. Id love to be part of a support kind of group. :)
  • Angels123
    Options
    I am training for one as well, The Derby 1/2 in April....Looking forward to it. I am using the NikePlus coaching program...and so far it is really good.