30 Day Shred

Options
Hi! I just did the 30 Day Shred, Level 1 and was wondering if anyone knows what I should log it as? Thankx in advance for any help:)

Replies

• AndyBee
    AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Circuit Training
  • heatherours4
    heatherours4 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    it is listed as circuit training on fitness websites. an excellent workout!
  • pkd1
    pkd1 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    circuit training and its 26 mins long, says 20 but i timed it 26mins
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I used a heart rate monitor and I went off that as far as calories burned. MFP gives you way more then you really burn. Because I logged it under a couple of things and it was off by about a 100 to 300 so... I burn around 200 to 275 each time I do it.
  • jamie78
    jamie78 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Yep I guess its the warm up and cool down too.
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This post helps a lot! I love to do that workout, but was logging it wrong. I was actually burning more calories!!! :)
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I log mine a little differently - I log it as a combination of aerobics, both high and low impact, calisthenics, weight training, and mild stretching. I put in the minutes that Jillian does each thing. It says I burn about 125 calories, I don't have a HR monitor, and compared to what others say, I think this is a little low, but I'd rather it say I burn less calories than tell me I burned more than I really did, because then I'm likely to eat too much! The 125 calories is my little safety net. If I burned more than that and lose some extra weight long term I won't complain!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • prencesskl
    Options
    If you google it, they tell you how much a person weighing 154 burns an hours. So just divide the amount they tell you by the 154, then multiply that number by your weight, and adjust for the time. It's 26 minutes but you are actually only working out for 20, so use 20. That is usually only off by a calorie or two according to my heart rate monitor
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I really want to get a HRM!
  • lisseth82
    Options
    I also do the 30day shred and I found logging it under "calisthenics" was more accurate. Good luck.
  • Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    That was helpful. I do this daily, sometimes twice a day, and had it under cardio because I wasn't thinking really. This actually shows that I burn more calories. THANKS!
  • jadedjade24
    Options
    you cant go by google or even MFP to see how much you burn, why? Because then dont know how fast your heart is pumping durig that workout. I was going to pick up the 30 Day Shred, but I didnt have a HRM to monitor how many calories I am burning per work out. 2 people weighing the same could be burning vastly different amounts.

I just got my HRM the other day and I cant tell you what a difference it is! All the machines were wrong at the gym and I was actually burning a lot more then they were telling me. And it only cost me about 30 bucks to get. When I have more money I plan on picking up the Shred since everyone keeps raving about it lol.

But I just wanted to post this so you knew that MFP just estimates how much you burned, and not everyone burns the same amount just because they weigh the same, are the same age and gender. Everyone is different, so your burn is going to be different as well.
  • jillMoose
    jillMoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    can you go to "my exercises" then "create exercise"? anyone????
    i am finding that most of my calories burned dont line up with MFP estimates -- so instead of logging, for example, 40 minutes stairmaster 250 cal burned (actual), i select 25 min stairmaster 250 cal burned (MFP estimate)

so does anyone create their own exercises for accuracy?