someone please help....

Options
I am having such a difficult week. I have been STARVING all week. I am not doing anything different than I have done for the last 3 weeks.

I even had mcdonalds wednesday & had went over 596 calories, so I had to work out for over an hour. Then Thursday I went over 200 plus calories & my legs hurt so bad from Wednesday I still had to workout just because I COULD NOT STAND seeing the calories in red. So already today I have been STARVING & everything sounds good, smells good & looks good. As I said on Wednesday I could eat the @$$ out of a skunk, well today I could eat 2... OMG... what is going on with me. I know we have bad days but this is 3 in a row. Today I just know I am going to go over.....

Someone...Anyone....Anywhere...

Thank you in advance....Kelly

Replies

• bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    So how many calories are you eating?
  • K3LLYSU3
    K3LLYSU3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am allowed 1700 & some with out exercise
  • NCisME
    NCisME Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can definetly relate. Tempations are everywhere.

What helps me is I ask myself "What do I want more? That cheeseburger OR to be healthy?"
    The answer is usually pretty clear.

Another thing I would do is try and figure out why you're starving. Is it a certain time of day? Is something around you making you focus on being hungry? Etc.
    I'm always hungry, but I know what my triggers are. I try and do what I can to avoid those triggers. It also helps me to have a snack every couple of hours all the while making good choices about what I eat to ensure I remain on target.

I hope this helps.
    Best of luck.
  • 951heather
    951heather Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water too? It helps to drink a water bottle with your meals.
  • kristimartiny
    Options
    Is it that time of month? :) I noticed I do get hungrier during this time...try to fill up on veggies that are volumous :) Make an egg beater omlette with mushrooms, peppers, onions and tomatos..will fill you up for little damage....
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    I've been going through the same thing, and really the only thing I can suggest to you is to drink more water and eat foods high in fiber and protein. Working out is an appetite suppresant for me, but there are few other tricks: chew gum, brush your teeth, drink unsweet tea or black coffee (very very few calories) that work for me.
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Hey Kelly!! I don't know what you have been eating because your diary is not open but when you do have your meals try to eat things that are fiber and protien rich and these foods will keep you full longer. Stay away from the fast foods as much as possible and try having 3 meals and 3 snacks aday to keep the hunger away!! You can do this!! Our lives does not have to revolve around food. We can succeed!!
  • mixmastermolly
    Options
    Maybe try eating smaller meals more often? When I have a few "hungry days" it's easier to eat a little every 2 hours than waiting for meal times.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    eat veggies with a source of protein. Low in calories, full of fiber and protein to help you feel full longer. If you get hungry again, have more veggies. Veggies are very low in calories.
  • K3LLYSU3
    Options
    Yes I drink lots of water only, I am due to start in one week, but OMG ive never notice hunger like this!
  • jadedjade24
    Options
    what I do is this;

Keep in mind that you are eating a bit less than your body is use to, so when I feel like im getting hungry, I eat some carrots or celery. Did you know that 14 carrot sticks is only 35 calories? so you could have 2 servings and be good! and celery has none! Or try some fruit, but they often have a lot of sugar, so be careful!

But, seriously, carrot sticks and celery ftw. you can have a decent portion and not feel bad about it.
  • HeyBulldog2011
    HeyBulldog2011 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This can be attriubuted to past habits. Remember that this is a lifestyle change. This means you have to rewire your body to let it know when it is time to eat. Right now your brain is telling the body it is time to eat because it has less calories than it is used to. The easiest thing to do is get your mind off of it. If you are near to the kitchen MOVE! This is the worst place to be when this strikes. Now, that you are away from the kill zone, try doing a craft (or even exercise), call a friend, make a list (maybe of reasons why you are doing this lifestyle change), or even go for a walk outside (bundle up if you are still in the Ice Age like I am)....anything that will get your mind off food.

Once, your attention has been redirected you will be amazed at how you really aren't HUNGRY...and that it was just your brain asking your body WHAT IS GOING ON??? lol be strong, and I know you can do this.

I have actually been through this, this week too. I have used homework as my distraction (since I am still in high school...) but anything to distract is going to help you!!
    I hope this really helps you out! :D:D I know you can be strong!
  • kathott
    kathott Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I truly dont know how to help you out except to tell you that everyone struggles and to offer you some support. How many calories are you allowed and up until the past three days, were you eating the amount allowed?. Just wondering
    if you were eating too few calories, your body goes into "starvation" mode and maybe that has tripped this feeling of
    constant hunger.
    Hang in there. wish I could offer something better than that. I am discouraged as well but hopefully we both get thru it and continue on with our adventure....good luck Kelly.
    Kathleen
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Kelly, how many meals do you have per day and can you give me an example of what you eat in a meal? Also, when you have a craving, what would you typically have?
  • K3LLYSU3
    Options
    I have 3 meals with 2 snacks inbetween
    Always oatmeal bfast, Smartones meal with an apple, yogurt in between
  • tcox69
    tcox69 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you are eating and how much you are working out, you many not be eating enough calories. I started working out with a trainer and told him I was using Myfitnesspal and keeping track of the calories. My fitness pal indicating I should be only have 1200 calories per day and more depending on how much I work out. He indicated that 1200 calories was not enough even if I did not work out. He put me on 1600 day no matter if I work out or not. I did a little more research on the web regarding the calories and he was correct. You might want to Google. "how many calories should I eat a day" this brought many websites and calculators that helped me out alot. Good Luck and stay postive!!!
  • lindalou4850
    lindalou4850 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    just hang in there. It does get better At first I was starving but now I am better. If I get hungry I eat fruit like strawberrie,'cantaloupe apple ,watermelon I work out 5 days a week,even if i can only do the treadmill. i figure that is better than nothing. But on the days that I don't get to workout I don't worry about going over my calories.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    eat veggies with a source of protein. Low in calories, full of fiber and protein to help you feel full longer. If you get hungry again, have more veggies. Veggies are very low in calories.

This is so true. At work I make a huge salad from our salad bar. I add chickpeas, chicken, a few raisins, sunflower seeds even lite or fat free dressing when I don't feel like Olive oil and vinegar - along with all the veggies of course. Comes out to between 400-425 calories each time and it is sooooo big that sometimes I can't eat it all. This is around noon and I usually won't eat again until 6pm or 7pm. I'm just starting to get hungry again at that time.
  • frenchprairiegirl
    frenchprairiegirl Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you're having more than the typical three meals per day. Instead of "snack", try having 5 smaller meals, one every 4 hours during the day. And be sure to drink a big glass of water at least 15 min before you have your meal. Eating a small balanced meal every 4 hours will keep your metabolism in the fat burning stage, without any glycemic spikes that'll later cause you to be fatigued and trigger cravings.
  • kimw328
    Options
    I'm fortunate that we have a trainer at work and he's helping a group of us stay on track and weighing in weekly. At first I struggled and was craving food all day. I've found that if I eat five times a day I'm full. I eat a good breakfast, sometimes fruit, sometimes Kashi cereal (dry), then at mid morning have a snack, then have lunch, another snack and then dinner when I get home from work. Because I tend to graze and want to eat through the day, I buy a couple pints of cherry tomatoes from the farmers market every weekend, keep them in an open bowl in my refrigerator and when I just have to have something, grab a handful. 12 cherry tomatoes is only 36 calories, they're sweet enough to satisfy me and they're full of oxidants, so it's a win/win.

Good luck! Some days are just harder than others.