Why am I so hungry all of a sudden?

Options
I started a month ago but didn't sign up on MFP until 2 weeks ago ish. My profile says I've lost 1 pound but I've actually lost 5, down to 137.8 and about 10 to go. I eat something every 2.5 hours or so but the last week I am just hungry all the time. What is going on?

Replies

• RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Have you just started exercising or increased your intensity perhaps?
  • Caper88
    Caper88 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    The same thing happened to me last week. I wanted to eat everything in site and could not figure out why.
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    I'm feeling the same way! Also, I haven't lost in 3 weeks. I'll be checking back for the great advice/suggestions that I'm sure will be coming!:smile:
  • tawny7
    tawny7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I go through periods where I am very hungry too. I try to eat back a few more of my exercise calories on those days. It's funny because when I do that the next week I'll lose a pound or two!
  • mama_mia3
    Options
    I think that's a good sign that your metabolism is starting to pick up a little. Eating/snacking on a good variety of vegetables and fruit will keep your calorie intake at a minimum while giving your body the food it's telling you it needs to keep it rolling. By not giving into your body's signals, you will only slow down that metabolism boost. I've been going through the same things and have to grab a celery stick with a little peanut butter or an cluster of grapes (frozen because it takes longer to eat), or some 94% fat free popcorn for the bigger onsets of the munchies. Keep up the good work! Hopefully we'll both see some major lbs. dropped in the next week or so!!!
  • miss_emma_joey
    Options
    I was the same way when I started eating every 2 or so hours! It means your metabolism is picking up, so just stick with it! That feeling will go away and you'll start to feel great and have energy all the time! It's just the first month or two where you feel hungry and tired. If you go back to eating 3 meals a day you'll notice you'll be hungry a lot more often, even if you eat more. But the good part is it'll be harder to gain weight for a while because your metabolism will still be racing!