And a sweet little inspiration wrapped up inside! :heart:

Replies

• girldeese
    Options
    0 fat, 30 cals each!!! Yea!! My new favorite sweet snack!!:wink:

And a sweet little inspiration wrapped up inside! :heart:
  • punka274
    Options
    I didn't know they only had 30 calories? Can you buy them in the grocery store...i love them too!
  • girldeese
    Options
    Actually I bought them at the 99cent store here in Cali! So cheep and low cal!!:wink:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Yumm....I know what I'll be looking for next time shopping!:wink:
  • monica5237
    Options
    that is great but i bet the pepper steak I had with my fortune cookie waws not that low in calories :explode:
  • girldeese
    Options
    Probably not...lol....but at least it didn't add a whole bunch more to it!!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i got a fortune cookie one day that said

you love chinese food

now .. if that is not fortune telling,,,!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Confucius says:

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."

(that was my fortune cookie addition)
  • girldeese
    Options
    Cute!
  • pecksun8
    Options
    PATTI'S LOW-CAL FORTUNE COOKIES

Flour
    3 tbsp. butter, softened
    3 tbsp. sugar
    1 egg white
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

Cut out fortunes; fold in half lengthwise, then crosswise; set aside. Grease cookie sheet. Dip rim of 3 inch cookie cutter or glass in flour; press 6 outlines firmly 1 inch apart on prepared sheet; set aside.
    In small bowl beat butter, sugar, egg white, and vanilla until well blended. Stir in 1/3 cup flour until well blended. With small spatula spread rounded teaspoonful batter in each outlined circle. Bake in preheated 400 degree for 4-5 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove; place cookie sheet on rack.

Quickly loosen cookie with spatula; turn bottom side up. Place folded fortune in center. Gently fold cookie in half; hold edges together 3 seconds (count of 3). Grasp folded ends of cookie; place center of fold over rim of glass. Gently press ends down to bend cookie in middle. Cool. Repeat with remaining cookies. If cookies cool and become too brittle to fold, return to oven briefly to soften. Makes about 20.

Per cookie: 23 cal, 0 g pro, 2 g car, 1 g fat, 5 mg chol with butter, 0 mg chol with butter

HELPFUL HINT: Remember you don't always have to include a fortune. Have some fun!! Try some jokes, trivia questions, or some nice thoughts for the day!
  • girldeese
    Options
    Wow looks yummy...I will have to try this!!:tongue:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    are my friends and i the only ones who read the fortunes and add "in bed" at the end of the fortune :laugh:
  • girldeese
    Options
    I never heard of that but that is soooo funny!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: By the way I was raised in Gainesville!!!:wink:
  • alifelessevident
    Options
    Ah, a Gator :drinker: :drinker:
  • girldeese
    Options
    Ah, a Gator :drinker: :drinker:

Yes!!! Go Gators...always and forever!!:laugh:
  • pecksun8
    Options
    are my friends and i the only ones who read the fortunes and add "in bed" at the end of the fortune :laugh:

No we always do that, my husband usually can't wait to see what mine says so he can tease me about it.
  • jsisso
    Options
    Congradulations on not smoking!!!! I've will have been smoke free 2 yrs this coming Jan 3. Which contribute to my weight gain. :grumble:
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    My fave Fortune Cookies are, of course, the really "fun" ones.... muyhahaahaha :devil: