Valentines Day???

2»

Replies

• egh. my husband keeps asking but it's kinda hard to do anything romantic with a 14 month old. It stinks because his birthday is the day after. I told him we can go to the mall and he can get a cookie for his birthday. Sounds silly but this man loves him some cookies.
  • well I am single and I hate men so I am going out for dinner with a girlfriend of mine! And I plan on eating whatever I feel like that night! I have been so good and I never cheat! I deserve one night to be naughty!!! lol

LMAO! You go girl!
  • I love this day! Since I'm single, I'm throwing a big bash at my house so that everyone will have something to do on V-day! There will be plenty of deserts and appetizers, and I'm making Sangria, but I am staying within my calorie goal. =) It helps that there will be a DJ there for me to burn of the cals just incase I want a cupcake. lol.

Love it!!! Sounds like so much fun.
  • jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    I am definitely going to be 'naughty". Valentine's Day is a special day for you and your loved one that only comes once a year. No harm in cheating. We're having donuts for breakfast (my children's choice) and a feast of baked spaghetti & garlic bread for dinner followed by red velvet cake for dessert. Yum! I plan on going to the gym early that morning, so I will have no guilt about it. I deserve a day to relax on the counting calories and just spending time with my family, followed by some alone time with my husband. :)
  • We will go out the previous day. I want some Italian food, wine and sweet. I asked no chocolates for me because it will be too much. I am not watching my calories that night. Next day I will be back on track though. It is very spacial for us because it is our anniversary as well, so I will not be watching what I am eating. NO way
  • Ain't got **** planned! BF works third shift that night so barely will see him. But did buy him an ITunes gift card and lookin' for a new pair of shoes for him. I just may buy him a sexy piece of lingerie (for me to wear, not him) that I promise I'll wear when I lose this weight!

Also, I know this sounds like I'm being a crotch, but I really hate to give into his sweet tooth, but I probably will. I don't expect him to join me on this journey, although he could stand to lose his big belly and I worry about his health (very bad asthma), but I know he loves cheesecake and Mrs. Field's from the mall. It was very hard to come up with something this year since I don't have one of those sporting event/concert type guys. I have a nerd, and he likes toys..superhero stuff. And I got him enough of that stuff at Christmas!
  • our valentines day is Sunday as everyones working Monday!! we are having a full 3 course meal, and its still in my calorie goal, excluding workout so think i will have a few choccies as a treat :)
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    going to tell my wife I love her and spoil her silly
  • Fgillies
    Fgillies Posts: 194
    The Melting Pot- three course fondue experience consisting of cheese fondue with white and rye bread cubes, apples and veggies, a mushroom salad with garlic wine sauce, and chicken, tenderloin, shrimp, and salmon cooked in a coq au vin broth. Possible chocolate fondue with strawberries for dipping. And YES YES YES on the wine!!!!

I'll be going to the melting pot as well!!!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    The Melting Pot- three course fondue experience consisting of cheese fondue with white and rye bread cubes, apples and veggies, a mushroom salad with garlic wine sauce, and chicken, tenderloin, shrimp, and salmon cooked in a coq au vin broth. Possible chocolate fondue with strawberries for dipping. And YES YES YES on the wine!!!!

SO JEALOUS!!! GAH!!!! i want to go there so bad :( none of my hints have paid off though :-/ damn men lol

i don't have any plans actually.... my boyfriend already got my gift, a Coach ring (very baller lol) sooooo i dont think we are going out or anything.
  • I don't know what my husband has planned, but I've gotten used to V-day not being a big deal. My ex wouldn't do it and my current hubby and I couldn't afford much last year. DH asked this year what I wanted and I told him flowers (specifically lilies, my fav). I found someone selling a HUGE hot wheels car collection, so I'm buying that for my DH. I'm looking forward to it, i think :laugh:
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    well, valentine's day also happens to be our wedding anniversary, so i celebrate doubly and forget calories/fat for the day. in my book, everything has 0 calories and 0 grams of fat on valentine's day:)
  • DianaPowerUp
    DianaPowerUp Posts: 518 Member
    My dh won't plan anything, as per usual. It would be a nice surprise if he actually did! So I guess either I make a nice, romantic dinner for 2 (once the kids are in bed), or he'll be watching tv.....grrrr.
  • I and my husband will stay at home. I am buying yummy chocolates and delicious carrots cake!! And I am making something called galinha caipira mineira (brazilian recipe) made with cornfed chicken - I will season the chicken sunday and start to cook it monday morning. It will be ready moday later afternoon. It is VERY delicious and I wish I could post pictures here! :-) I will serve it with plain basmati rice and vegetable salad. Mmmm YUMMYYY
  • what a coincidence...I'm single and hate men too! Every last one of them except my daddy! Enjoy your day.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    No plans. Hubby and I have not even talked about it. :laugh:
This discussion has been closed.