turkey ??

Options
anyone have a good low cal meal for ground turkey ?

Replies

• tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    make some turkey chili. yum
  • MarciaCocker
    Options
    I like making chili- I live in the snowy north, so it's a great meal when you're housebound!
  • cmyrick75
    cmyrick75 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    you can make turkey chili, turkey burgers, tuirkey tacos, turkey mealoaf. You can use it anywhere you use ground beef :)
  • skinnywithin
    skinnywithin Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    Turkey meatloaf is wonderful!!!! Make sure you keep enough green peppers in it to keep it moist. I also use some taco seasoning in mine and a little chili sauce.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I make turkey sloppy joes with ground turkey and canned diced tomatoes. 1 pound of ground turkey with 2 cans of diced tomatoes (i like the fire roased). Just brown the meat with salt, pepper and garlic (or whatever seasoning you like), drain the meat, add the tomatoes, bring to a boil, cover and simmer at lower temp until the juice is gone.
  • ShellyKay67
    ShellyKay67 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    i cook it up and add like 1/2 a packet of low sodium Taco seasoning...
    Use a whole wheat tortilla (like 70 cal), spread a little low fat sour cream down the middle of the tortilla, add the ground turkey and then top with a little shredded cheese, fresh spinach or lettuce and some fresh diced tomato! DELICIOUS!
    I can eat 2 of them for less than 400 cal or so! and very filling!
  • arsenal45
    arsenal45 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Turkey chili w/ black beans! We also do turkey enchiladas and pasta w/ turkey meatballs. Even Hamburger Helper w/ ground turkey is better. It crumbles better and is an acceptable taste substitute.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Turkey spaghetti!!!!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
  • cacfish
    Options
    can i just ask - we don't tend to use ground turkey here a lot ....instead I would tend to opt for extra lean ground beef.
    Is there a reason why u r using ground turkey because my partner checked out the calories and found that the lean beef was much lowers....i'm just intersted?
  • triptiu
    triptiu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I brown the turkey, add 1 onion and 2 cloves of garlic diced, half a packet of low sodium taco seasoning, some red crushed pepper flakes (I like food spicy! - you can skip this if you don't). Then add some frozen peas and whatever vegetables you like or have! After about 2 minutes, add 1 can of diced tomatoes ( fresh is better) and about 2 cups of water and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Then add 1.5 cups of cooked brown rice and simmer for another 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Top it off with some chopped cilantro and serve with a slice of lime!

.... had it for dinner last night. Yummy!!.............
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I think turkey might be a little cheaper than beef. At least when you get to to leaner stuff. For some it may be a mental thing, though. Most people think turkey is leaner than beef
  • cacfish
    Options
    Thanks Dave :flowerforyou:
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Taco soup with ground turkey, so good. Google weight watchers taco soup, or tukey burgers
  • brittanybark
    Options
    I have great recipes with ground turkey! Turkey Chili, turkey spagghetti, turkey sloppy joes, turkey tacos, turkey breakfast burritos with wheat tortilla, turkey burgers(SUPER easy).

If there are any of those you would like a recipe for let me know I can give it to you!!
    These are healthy recipes and taste amazing lol...
  • LisaO2008
    Options
    I have one.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Ground-Turkey-Noodle-Bake/Detail.aspx

I started buying ground turkey and my husband wasnt to happy because he said it has no taste but I totally won him over on this. Please let me know how it turns out.
  • LisaO2008
    Options
    Hi Brittany,
    I would love the taco recipes do you mind sending me a message