When to weigh myself

Options
I feel a little weird posting this question...
MFP says to weigh yourself early in the morning before breakfast but I dont have a bowel movement before breakfast. Will this affect my number on the scale? I always feel lighter after a BM.

Replies

• pauljohnsadler
    Options
    Try to take a dump in the morning. it makes a big difference.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I still weigh in the morning right after I get up and go to the bathroom (pee). I am pretty regular everyday, so just because I don't go right before doesn't make much of a difference for me. I would still weigh in the morning.

4714135.png
  • oxnina
    oxnina Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    eat more fiber :P
  • annie_p
    annie_p Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    It will make a small difference, but when it comes to weight loss...if you lost a pound before you had a BM or lost a pound after you had a BM, that's still a pound lost.
  • swenard
    swenard Posts: 101
    Options
    Regardless of if you weight yourself predump or postdump, just make sure it is consistent.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    OK, just had to laugh first...
    You will eventually see the scale move down when you step on first thing in the morning (before you have a BM); you may not see an accurate weight, but you will still be able to see the change in weight happening.
  • szieres
    szieres Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Ok.. stop giggling.. Why not try something next time you weigh in.. get on the scale first thing in the morning, then eat breakfast and go poop.. then, weigh yourself AGAIN.. do that for a couple weigh-in's and then estimate the weight difference pre and post poopin'. You can use that as a tool in future calculations.
  • jcburroughs
    Options
    Thanks everyone!:happy: