Jiggly Butt Causes Pain

Options
Okay, so when I gain weight I am the type that puts it on all over. However I have always been blessed in the lower region instead of the top region where most women like to be blessed (thanks mom). So anywaysI haven't jogged in..uuhh...years. Well I did today and oh my gosh I thought my butt was going to fall off! It was painful, not like muscle pain but like my butt is going to tear away from my body pain and I will have to pick it up off the road and tuck it under my arm and carry it home pain. When no one was looking I would actually hold my butt. to prevent the jiggling tearing away from body feeling..do they make a sports bra version for the rear end?? Has anyone else had the "my butt is going to tear off from my body" experience?

Well thought I would share, my husband thought it was hilarious and started to add his two cents but I quickly stopped him before he endangered himself. Sorry if it was TMI.

:laugh:

Replies

• karabeccasmith
    Options
    Okay, so when I gain weight I am the type that puts it on all over. However I have always been blessed in the lower region instead of the top region where most women like to be blessed (thanks mom). So anywaysI haven't jogged in..uuhh...years. Well I did today and oh my gosh I thought my butt was going to fall off! It was painful, not like muscle pain but like my butt is going to tear away from my body pain and I will have to pick it up off the road and tuck it under my arm and carry it home pain. When no one was looking I would actually hold my butt. to prevent the jiggling tearing away from body feeling..do they make a sports bra version for the rear end?? Has anyone else had the "my butt is going to tear off from my body" experience?

Well thought I would share, my husband thought it was hilarious and started to add his two cents but I quickly stopped him before he endangered himself. Sorry if it was TMI.

:laugh:
  • tonianne98
    Options
    Well, I have that problem up front sometimes....and I also hold them sometimes, so I feel ya'. Maybe try getting a pair of Spanx?? I wonder if that would be helpful?
  • VishousBabe
    Options
    Hi. I suffer the bigger lower body syndrome too. Yes, jogging does hurt. I have begun using a mini trampoline indoors to jog as it is easier to keep my knees bent and keep some support towards the back. i don't hurt when I jog on this. Outdoors- I jog part and walk part as it is too much of that feeling you described if i jog the whole time. I wish there was some kind of support to wear. i'd sure get it!
  • pecksun8
    Options
    I am heavier on the bottom and the legs, and you can get those tummy tuck underwear, they work really well for just keeping it in place. Try working on the eliptical first and after your butt deflates a little bit, then get back on the treadmill.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I had that problem in the beginning but found that since I have been loosing of course it's not much of a problem I felt alittle of it today, i suggest what the other ladies are suggest some magical unides lol....
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    OK... here's a story for ya *giggle* A few weeks ago, Ezzie and I decided to ride bikes for an afternoon. :tongue: Now mind ya, we hadn't been on bikes for decades... but it was a sunny day, and the weather was perfect.:wink: So we go to the Bike Shop/Deli, and they set us up with a pair of bikes for the afternoon, and a picnic lunch, yea :happy: There's a nice Rails to Trails nearby, and we merrily take off. The trail is 9 miles long, and we decide that we'll go a few miles, stop and have a leisurely stop. :flowerforyou: Yeeeeeeeah riiiiiiiiiight..... So after the first half of the trail, there's like NO where to stop for lunch! Yikes?:frown: Oh well, we keep pedaling in hopes of finding a nice rest stop. After 6 miles, the trail turns from nice, even pavement, into gravel :grumble: .... still with no place in sight, ug.:embarassed: Eventually, we pull into the end of the trail, and yippee skippee a pocket park, at last, we are saved! :cry: We have lunch,:drinker: and then proceed to go back, uphill and into the wind. :sick:

The rest of that day, and the next, my *kitten* felt like a gay hooker in San Francisco after Fleet Week! :noway: :sad:
  • tilly6277
    Options
    OK... here's a story for ya *giggle* A few weeks ago, Ezzie and I decided to ride bikes for an afternoon. :tongue: Now mind ya, we hadn't been on bikes for decades... but it was a sunny day, and the weather was perfect.:wink: So we go to the Bike Shop/Deli, and they set us up with a pair of bikes for the afternoon, and a picnic lunch, yea :happy: There's a nice Rails to Trails nearby, and we merrily take off. The trail is 9 miles long, and we decide that we'll go a few miles, stop and have a leisurely stop. :flowerforyou: Yeeeeeeeah riiiiiiiiiight..... So after the first half of the trail, there's like NO where to stop for lunch! Yikes?:frown: Oh well, we keep pedaling in hopes of finding a nice rest stop. After 6 miles, the trail turns from nice, even pavement, into gravel :grumble: .... still with no place in sight, ug.:embarassed: Eventually, we pull into the end of the trail, and yippee skippee a pocket park, at last, we are saved! :cry: We have lunch,:drinker: and then proceed to go back, uphill and into the wind. :sick:

The rest of that day, and the next, my *kitten* felt like a gay hooker in San Francisco after Fleet Week! :noway: :sad:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Janie0001
    Janie0001 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is the funniest thing. Thank you so much for a great laugh. ROFLMAO
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    both stories we good for a laugh.

I had jiggly butt syndrom today as well--however, I was without the pain. I was out walking the littles in Quad-zilla and going down hills so I decided insteed of fight with the beast and try to hold in back while going down steep hills, I would run with it--my daughter was laughing and calling out Run--Mum, Run--faster, faster, keep going (little coach I got there) anyhow, when I ran out of steam, I stopped running and kept walking--she wanted me to run and I replied--not right now, I think 3rd stree travlers have had enough of a show. I'm gifted in both areas I guess. I could just feel the fat going up and down with every step (thankfully the stroller covers the front show) but you know what, I started running again when we came to another hill (that little soon to be 3 year old might just have a future as a Personal trainner) Anything for a laugh right.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, you too????
    I'm bottom heavy and have a booty(I'm Puerto Rican.. what can I say?)... when I jog, sometimes I have to hold my butt in place b/c it begins to hurt. And sometimes I have to stop jogging b/c it hurts too much. What the heck is up with that?
    Now, I just walk REALLY fast.. no jogging for me for a while :ohwell:

I don't like the idea of wearing my beloved Spanx during my workouts:noway:
  • GoGetterMom
    GoGetterMom Posts: 852 Member
    Options

ROFLMAO!
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :noway: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • karabeccasmith
    Options

Oh that was so funny!! LOL! :laugh: Have you guys ever done spinning??? I did that after my first pregnancy, OH MY GOSH..the seat is a butt killer as well. Literally your rear end is so sore, like you had a 2 X 4 crammed up it by an angry lumberjack, that you hurt just thinking about getting back on it. No one in that class complained about sore legs, etc... They just complained about a sore rear end. Why do they make seats that are only big enough for your crack?? I saw a huge bicycle seat at Wal-Mart the other day, they are finally figuring it out!! YES thats right bike manufactures adults butts are BIGGER than a childs you DO have to modify the seats you can't just use the same seat for a adult bike as you would a child! :grumble:
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    Yeah I think I will stick to the elliptical and other things until my rear isn't quiet so large!
  • karabeccasmith
    Options
    both stories we good for a laugh.

I had jiggly butt syndrom today as well--however, I was without the pain. I was out walking the littles in Quad-zilla and going down hills so I decided insteed of fight with the beast and try to hold in back while going down steep hills, I would run with it--my daughter was laughing and calling out Run--Mum, Run--faster, faster, keep going (little coach I got there) anyhow, when I ran out of steam, I stopped running and kept walking--she wanted me to run and I replied--not right now, I think 3rd stree travlers have had enough of a show. I'm gifted in both areas I guess. I could just feel the fat going up and down with every step (thankfully the stroller covers the front show) but you know what, I started running again when we came to another hill (that little soon to be 3 year old might just have a future as a Personal trainner) Anything for a laugh right.

Ha! My almost three year old does the same thing to me. I took off in a little jog while pushing my kids in the stroller and she was like, "faster mommy! Faster!!" Yeah it lasted about 20 seconds and needless to say she was disappointed :wink: