Multivitamin pack before bed???

Options
Can you take you multivitamins and supplements before bed, or will they really keep you up??

Replies

• calypott
    Options
    They shouldn't keep you up. A lot of people take them at night because they upset your stomach sometimes. Unless it's super high in B vitamins (like a B-Complex), I wouldn't worry about it keeping you up.
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I take my Multi at bedtime along with B Complex, Fish oil, etc...... The only thing that keeps me up is my husband's snoring!!!!!!!
  • jeneil4
    Options
    Try it for a few days and see how you react, everyone is different, I take mine in the morning so it is on an empty stomach and that is when I can remember to take them. Worse thing that will happen is a little less sleep. But that might only last a few days. Good luck
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Is there an absorption issue??
  • VSgirl2010
    VSgirl2010 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I take mine in the morning with breakfast- so I couldn't tell you.....
  • EaglesFan521
    EaglesFan521 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I always take my MultiVitamin and Fish Oil before bed, because I take meds in the morning and I can't take iron for a long time after I take them. I actually feel a lot better in the morning when i take them at night... but that could just be me...
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Does anyone count the calories in their vitamins? My fish oil says its 20 calories...
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I had to switch to taking my multivitamin with lunch instead right before bed because it was keeping me up. Mine has some caffeine in it though, and I have absolutely zero caffeine any other time so it affected me a lot. I would just check to see if they have any caffeine or other stimulants in it before trying to take it right before you want to sleep.
  • skinnyb450
    Options
    Not sure - Can I ask why are you taking it at night? I take my multivitamin and fish oil in the morning (after breakfast) and don't have any problems :smile:
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I have not tried yet, but I would remember them better at night before bedtime. My mornings are soo crazy, I forget to take them.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Sorry, bizarrely spaced double post.